User Tag List

Thread: What coilovers are available Mazda 3?

1. Default What coilovers are available Mazda 3?

Hi guys,

I am curious what coilovers are available for Mazda 3s in Australia? This is the 2012 Mazda 3 so a gen2.

I have seen the following available but have no idea on their quality;

BC coilovers
    Pedders coilovers
    XYZ coilovers

What are your opinions and thoughts on the above? And also more importantly, what BETTER options for coilovers are available in Australia.

Adam

available to be delivered to australia? or just purchase from a physical shop in australia?

Other variants in Australia include:

DGR
    Tein S

Worldwide but can be deliverred include:

KW V1,2,3
    Mazdaspeed
    H&R
    Megan Racing

the list goes on......

suggest you do research, you're asking a pretty open ended and lazy question.

there are plenty of opinions out there - and a much larger database of experiences on the US forums when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Default Re: What coilovers are available Mazda 3?

Use Google, check forum sponsors websites...

Mazda3 or Mazda3 MPS?

Tein and Pedders are the only Coilovers that are able to be repaired by the manufacture in Australia. This rest would need to go back to the country of purchase or manufacture.

I believe that the DGR Coilovers have the most suitable spring rates available for the MPS's.
    Tein has some cool features when you get the top notch stuff.
    KW coilovers are the business but you pay the coin for them plus it doesn't make them the most reliable.
    Pedders aren't to bad and great local support but it would be nearly $2.5k installed.

All have positives and negatives
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

6. Default

Sorry I should of been more precise.

Yes I am aware of the endless brands of coilovers available worldwide, but more so what is available within Australia without purchasing worldwide.

I know in the USA there is a big scene for MS3s and the list of coilovers is big. Have done a bit of research of the coilovers available within the US and around the world but not within Australia from an actual Australian shop and hence why I asked this question and made the thread. I understand you can easily bring some in, but wanted to know what shops have in Aus and also with after sales support.

Sorry for the open ended and "lazy" question, should of been more precise. Have done a fair bit of research on US forums, but didnt know what you guys are running here in Aus and was simply interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Tein and Pedders are the only Coilovers that are able to be repaired by the manufacture in Australia. This rest would need to go back to the country of purchase or manufacture.
    yeah thats not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    yeah thats not correct.
    Yeh - i think what he meant to say was that Tein and Pedders are the only ADR approved coilovers at this stage.

Almost any coilover can be repaired if you find an insert to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Yeh - i think what he meant to say was that Tein and Pedders are the only ADR approved coilovers at this stage.

maybe, but ADr approval and where it can be repaired do really seems like different things. dunno if they can be mistaken.

most coilovers sold in australia can be repair in australia. D2 HSD BC YSR all are repairable in oz to main a few of the more common sold australian coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post

Yeah Sorry Smokey was right that's what i meant ADR approved.

Anything can be repaired here, but if something fails while under warranty alot of companies i've heard of need the failed component but to there factory or place of purchase to ensure the warranty claim can go ahead.

I've seen a Golf R on KW's sit in the same workshop for 5 weeks since it's from left damper broke, item had to be shipped back to Europe.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk