User Tag List

Thread: Noob MPS owner! few questions..

1. Default Noob MPS owner! few questions..

hey guys, been great reading through this forum and get myself up to speed with all things mps...ive serched through almost the whole forum and would like to just bring up a few questions to get some solid answers..

1st - with regards to the timing chain rattle.....im uncertain as to if mine has this or not, ive watched a few video's and its not anywhere near as loud as those video's, however when i purchased it, i didnt hear anything, its been about a month now and its slighlty louder....the car has recently been serviced within the last 1000kms also....how much am i looking at to get the timing chain tensioner and chain fixed. the car is an early 07 model which just hit 80,000km it has full log books. where can i go to get this checked?

2nd - the car still has standerd clutch and it still feels 100%, stalls with the handbreak on in 3rd gear....but im wanting to know the basic life span of the standerd clutch, as im wanting to do corksport stage 2 intake and cobb access port within the comming weeks.

3rd - the car was brought with coilvers and work emotion wheels, and a catback exhaust (sounds good, i know not much performence gain) would people advise any other mods before SRI and Cobb tuner??

sorry for the many questions, hope to hear from some of you guys with experience soon!

thanks again,

Michael

Default Re: Noob MPS owner! few questions..

Which car you driving, 3 or 6?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Default

new i would forget the most important part, mazda 3 mps 07 model gen 1

1) mazda dealer, but double check it's not the fuel pump... if noise is mainly coming from passenger side, it's fuel pump
    2) depends how it's been treated
    3) SRI + tuner is fine... rear sway bar and rear engine mount are about it

1.) I would get your car checked out by an independant mechanic or the dealer for quotes on noise issue. Hopefully it's nothing major!
    2.) Again, it depends on how the clutch has been treated, many people abuse the clutches in these cars cause they're sporty. If the P.O. put coilovers, wheels and a CBE, it might have been treated right.
    3.) with your setup I'd recommend the stage two with airbox, Cobb AP, rear motor mount inserts rear sway bar and skid tray. Granted, it all depends on your budget, and what you want from the car.

-Tyler

6. Default

went to a few independent machenics today...noise is nothing to worry about said it could even be due to the hotter wheather but that doesnt make sence to me.....is there australian retailers for the corksport stage 2? who has good deals

Quote Originally Posted by hynzey View Post
    went to a few independent machenics today...noise is nothing to worry about said it could even be due to the hotter wheather but that doesnt make sence to me.....is there australian retailers for the corksport stage 2? who has good deals
    there is... but for reasons i wont go into, it's best to go through corksport direct, whether they choose to send you through the (only) aus distributor or to send from overseas is up to them
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings