User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ChipTorque Experience

Default My ChipTorque Experience

Hi All,

I just wanted to let other members know of my personal experiences with @ChipTorque Performance, their staff and Lachlan Riddel in particular.

I first came across, ChipTorque after browsing the ozmpsclub forum in early April 2011 soon after purchasing my "6 MPS". I guess I wanted to see what type of power the 6 mps put out after owning a Mazda 6 luxury sports for a few years before.

On the forum, I stumbled across a entry form for a Baton Relay Dyno Day sponsored by ChipTorque & promptly registered my interest. Right from the start the staff were very friendly, professional and courteous. Even though I had little idea what it was all about I felt completely comfortable handing over my new car to Lachlan and the Team at ChipTorque Performance.

Once the dyno run was over and my car pulled a mere 140 awkw I was curious as to how much power the car could make and how that could be done safely. I approached Lachlan who was more than happy to spend some time with me and point me in the right direction.

And so the journey began.

And now after many months of upgrades, retunes, dyno runs more upgrades and consulting with Lachlan my car is now developing some impressive numbers.

I would like to thank ChipTorque Performance and there staff (Leah, Ryan, Rhys, Ashley & Lachlan) for the professional way they have handled my enquiries and my entire project as a whole. There have been some challenges along the way and I am sure a lot of other places may have put some of my requests in the too hard basket but Lachlan has truly gone above and beyond to cater for my needs. Lachlan is an honest and upfront type of guy who knows his & your car’s limits, which I feel is important when you don't want to be stuck at the side of the road. I have found him to be extremely knowledgeable in all areas of tuning, engine management and diagnostics and I would highly recommend anyone who is seeking to get the best possible performance from their vehicle to give ChipTorque a call.

Cheers

Stuart.
    Last edited by duglet; 14-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Default My ChipTorque Experience

Hey Stuart,
    Thanks for sharing matey. Good to give credit where credit is due.

Sent from my iPhone

Will b giving them a call tomorrow want safe power not to aggressive

What are your impressive numbers?

Last time I was on the dyno it pulled 215AWKW

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Jesus. I'm fully bolted, fuel pump, E85 tune and the best I can do is 204. Might go set the car on fire

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

@CelestialSpool

I have just purchased a accessport so I am going to see how much power I can get using that.

What are your mods mate? Must have gone a BNR or maybe meth?

And why now buying an AP after dropping what would be almost 2k on a ChipTorque tune?

My tune at ChipTorque was 2 year ago and I wanted to be able to tweak the tune on my car myself.

So I decided to give the accessport a try.

my list of mods are as follows

BNR Stage 3
    Custom made divorced style Downpipe (2.25") off the Turbo expands to 3" where the wastegate pipe joins in.
    Wastegate pipe is 1 5/8"

Full 3.0 Inch S.S. exhaust system
    CPE Injector Seals
    KMD HPFP Fuel Pump Internals
    CPE Front Mount Intercooler
    CPE 3" CAI
    CPE 3" TIP
    Denso itv24 spark plugs
    Devils own Water/Meth kit 60/40
    98 Octane + Water meth - 40% meth / 60% distilled water & Nozzle - DO4
    Meth starts at 8psi and reaches full spray at 12psi
    HKS SQV3 Super Sequential Blow Off Valve
    EGR Delete
    3 port GS EBCS
    3 Bar MAP sensor

Making a bit more sense now

Now you're talking... But based on that, you're not tuned to potential... Good thing you bought an AP. Got an etuner yet?

I am going to give Alex at Stratified Automotive a go. I think he is in Canada. I have heard good reports about Stratified on the USA Mazda speed forums.

Last edited by Stuartmp; 25-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Just a heads up - You will definitely want to get a larger nozzle for your WMI injection kit - DO4 wont be nearly enough to provide sufficient water or meth for cooling/ knock protection.

Thanks for the heads up Ray. I did start with a D05 but my when the car was on the dyno my tuner told me it was to large and was reducing my top end HP.
    I tried a D03 and it was to small, so we settled on a D04, not sure what to make of your suggestion that a D04 is to small.

What do you suggest and what have you experienced?

I have been running this setup for 2 year now

You need to up the ante mate, you are getting left behind, . Don't set it alight yet..........plus you got all the goodies for track work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Jesus. I'm fully bolted, fuel pump, E85 tune and the best I can do is 204. Might go set the car on fire

Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I can vouch for Alex mate, he tuned my car and it rips like a mofo..........You will not go wrong there. But you also have our local guru @Rayd that can tune with meth as good as any . There are quite a few guys here on the forum with monsters that Ray has tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartmp View Post
    I am going to give Alex at Stratified Automotive a go. I think he is in Canada. I have heard good reports about Stratified on the USA Mazda speed forums.

Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You need to up the ante mate, you are getting left behind, . Don't set it alight yet..........plus you got all the goodies for track work!
    Thanks @Grumpy, got a few ideas left to go, it will be staying stock turbo, at least until it let's go...

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I can vouch for Alex mate, he tuned my car and it rips like a mofo..........You will not go wrong there. But you also have our local guru @Rayd that can tune with meth as good as any . There are quite a few guys here on the forum with monsters that Ray has tuned.
    @Stuartmp, agree with André, heard good things of both Alex and Ray. I was tunes by @richierichness from Richtune. Very committed individual. Knows his stuff.

So assuming my last dyno was shite I'm hoping to be more like your figure with my current tune. Based on your goodies though, lots of potential for sure.

Last edited by Yeldarb; 25-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Thanks for all that info guys. I appreciate you all chiming in.

Just starting out with Alex, does anyone know if once I have finished my tune with Alex at Stratified Automotive will I get my accessport map unlocked. I have tried to open the map he sent me in AccessTuner Race and the map I have at the moment is locked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast