User Tag List

Thread: Oh Noes, I got Bad Lights on my Dash

Default Oh Noes, I got Bad Lights on my Dash

Hi All,

Been having this issue off and on for a while, were it usually appears after heavy acceleration on a corner with a little dip in the road I get the "ABS, DSC SLIP & Handbrake" Light appearing.. Turn the car off back on and it's all gone.. and it sometimes doesn't appear even if i do the same thing again. No CEL errors either?

Anyone had this issue?

got anything that can scan codes?

the only time i have seen those three codes thrown is when i did my suspension install and forgot to plug the ABS sensor back in on the front strut.

maybe check that? it's easy - just take the wheel off and look down towards the axle stub from the top. check it's plugged in ok. if so you can also remove it with a star shaped allen key (forgot what those things are called) - give it a squirt with some brake cleaner, maf cleaner, contact cleaner whatever.

I have nothing to scan with, but i have the feeling you are right. The first time i've noticed that was when i got new tyres on my car.. about 3-4 days later i got the light the first time.... i gotta do each wheel?

Default Oh Noes, I got Bad Lights on my Dash

Check fronts first but could be a good chance they knocked something loose.

Well it came on again, after hitting a bump (not a big bump).... Service is due soon, should get it checked...>.<

ditto, I had this light come on after I disconnected the abs sensor while changing the shocks. Try disconnecting and connecting the plugs to make sure they have good contact. If that fails, try resetting by disconnecting the battery.

I dont think an OBD reader picks up these codes? Anyways, happy to try with my reader if need be

Hmm, I've actually replaced the battery already due to my lights (turns out..crappy bulb anyway) soo have already done that.. with the plugs.. anyone got a photo what i need to fiddle with....

theres only 1 plug that goes in behind the knuckle. very hard to miss