User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgraded HPFP group buy (not internals)

Default Upgraded HPFP group buy (not internals)

What is this group buy for:
    I'm looking to setup a group buy for a full HPFP upgrade (not internals). This means you change the entire pump (core) rather than messing around with internals.

Who should get a full pump:
    As much it is nice to save money where possible, especially when you can do it yourself, I feel that the precision nature of the fuel pump internals and the implications of incorrect installation, it would be best not to tamper with unless you have the skills and the tools.
    So for those who either can’t be bothered or aren't confident, a full pump swap is the way to go.

Do I need an upgraded pump:
    For those who aren’t sure whether an upgraded pump is required, if you are planning to do the basic bolt on mods: intake, exhaust, intercooler and tune (off the shelf or custom) you will need a pump. Obviously anything more than the basic bolt on’s you would more than likely need one.
    You may not need a pump if you only do 3 out of the 4 but would constantly need to monitor pressures. If you want to be safe, get a pump. It may save you from a new engine.

How difficult is installation:
    It seems quite straight forward, a few fuel lines taken off, a few bolts and voila! Check for yourself at the following link http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=180. Note that this guide includes how to change internals as well.

How to participate:

At this stage this is purely an EOI as I don’t want to hassle any companies until I get some numbers. Please nominate yourself if you are more than likely to get a pump regardless of cost. The cost will be obviously cheaper than what you would normally pay.
    If you are unsure whether you would get a pump and/or your decision largely depends on the final cost, you can nominate your interest. I will keep a separate list of you guys.

Timeframe:
    I’d like to get a minimum of 5 people who are more than likely to get one before I approach a supplier. For a decent discount I would envisage needing 10 buyers, but this would be negotiated with the supplying company.
    As with any group buy, it can take a while from the get go to having the product firmly in hand. So the timeframe will be largely dependent on the interest.
    If you urgently need one, don’t join the group buy. I would rather not have people drop out affecting the negotiated price and thus inconveniencing the others.

List of interested parties:
    Lup15
    MZSPD6
    ribaree
    EzyE
    Lachlan
    kelvin33
    TimmyMPS
    Nepharius
    Chuckie Cheese
    bloodyidiot39
    Fizzy
    6mps
    SMOKEY
    Last edited by lup15; 12-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.

put me down as a 'cost dependant' interested party.

I can probably manage an internals swap myself, but hey, if there is an easier way for not much more i'm all ears.

I'm in.

I would be interested depending on price, realise it is going to cost most than the DIY kit but the idea of quicker and easier is good for me.

Reckon HPFP would do a deal on that with a AP as well?

5. Default Re: Upgraded HPFP group buy (not internals)

I'm also in depending on price. I like the idea of packaging with AP as well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Upgraded HPFP group buy (not internals)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    I would be interested depending on price, realise it is going to cost most than the DIY kit but the idea of quicker and easier is good for me.

Reckon HPFP would do a deal on that with a AP as well?
    + 1 to a package deal.

I'm also quite keen on this GB pending the final cost.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

I'd be interested in said package deal as well, although once again depends on price etc.

Same as the others, interested, price dependant. In no rush but keen to get one over the next 12 months or so.

Keep the interest coming, spread the word. More the merrier

I will ask about a package with the AP when i make enquiries, but the main focus of this group buy is the hpfp.

+1 to AP and HPFP

Default Upgraded HPFP group buy (not internals)

I'm a maybe on ap and hpfp package too, depending on cost over autotech internals.

Have you considered doing a group core refund too? From hpfp that takes $350 off the price - the cost of shipping back.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Put me down for a HPFP if the price is right

the core refund is usually an option so I will definately be looking into that

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I'm a maybe on ap and hpfp package too, depending on cost over autotech internals.

Have you considered doing a group core refund too? From hpfp that takes $350 off the price - the cost of shipping back.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    i like the sound of that..

I'm keen, depending on price.
    Is it a big job to install ?

Quote Originally Posted by ribaree View Post
    I'm keen, depending on price.
    Is it a big job to install ?
    Hi Ribaree,

I was looking around this thread, and found some install guides from the manufacturers. there is also a written guide by one of the ozmps members. some of the instal guides are from the internal replacement option but this version is easier, just replace the part (watch the warnings for fuel pressure when you remove the pipes as fuel and eyes = ouch)

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...-upgrades.html
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

I've updated the original post with a link to an installation guide. it seems very straight forward as we are doing a core change rather than internals.

I'm interested depending on price.

I'm currently looking at TMIC but I might need to put that on hold as I've already done the following: Intake, TIP, TBE & ECUTEK.
    Tuner said fuel was holding up fine but maybe the TMIC might push it over the edge...
    Better safe than sorry I guess!

it will push it over the edge, especially as you have a custom tune which generally nets more power than the an OTS tune like I have

just out of interest what is the going price for this HPFP without a group buy situation ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast