User Tag List

Thread: Is this a fair price?

Default Is this a fair price?

So i am doing the hunt around for an MPS, found this on ebay. 06, got a bit of stuff done to it, look nice... ks are a bit up there i think....eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

what are peoples thoughts? do people know the car?

Looks a bit expensive to me with the amount of ks on it. Dare say the dealer jacked the price up a fair bit.
    You can do better for the price IMO...
    There are quite a few on carsales with less kms for a fair bit less with more work done
    Last edited by dazza; 19-09-2012 at 12:25 PM.

sent you a PM, Stef

I would investigate the 33.3% positive feedback of the seller first. $20,000 for 150,000kms might be considered a bit much.

I would be doing a pretty compressive mechanical check on the car seeing you won't know the owner and how the vehicle was treated.

I think you can find better deals for a touch more coin with much less kms.

I paid ~$25k for a '08 with 35,000kms on it. Stock as a rock in immaculate condition.

For an '06 with that many km's, like other said - you should be doing better than that.

prices are coming down of late - but there are also a lot of rough examples out there and cars on their 2nd and 3rd owner by now. They're dropping into the 'early 20's' price bracket which means a lot of thrashed examples are going to be on the market.

always buy off an enthusiast - it will cost you a bit more up front, but you know you're getting a car that has been looked after like a first born child, which will most likely save you in the long run.

i'd steer clear of that one. there is also a BL on ebay - black one in Punchbowl, NSW - don't touch it with a forty foot pole - i'm pretty sure it's on the WOVR and can't be re-registered.

yeah i saw the 09 BL, it does come up on WOVR, hence why it is so cheap...

My issue is my car has a payout on it. I have it advertised on CS as the cheapest LS XR5 in Sydney at the moment. it basically is advertised at my payout. so if i can sell mine privately it would be better, but ive had little interest unfortunately. the one in question is high in the ks, but i wouldnt be going to buy it at that figure, id be working out a good changeover with my car also.

I am going to look at a stock one in Black which is at a yard in parramatta, has 90,000ks, at 21990. looks a lot neater than this. fingers crossed i can work a deal somewhere

FYI: of anyone has a friend looking for one, link is below;

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-focus-2007-12458412?base=&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1216+1 246+1247+1252+1282+4294966463+4294966417+898&num=1 5&silo=Stock&items=[BaseEnabledBadge:XR5%20TURBO,Series:LS]&sort=~Price

it's a nice looking rig, good luck with sale

Ok so spent the day looking at cars, 3x MPS, and a GTI Pirelli.. The one I posted above had only had 2x services and a lot of ks. And the second one was high in the ks for the price. Plus the guy looked half dodgy, so giving those ones a wide berth. went to suss out one at a yard in Parra. 07, black sports, 91ks. Full service history with Eurocars. Worked out some figures so going to suss out the finance side of things ad get a mate to check the car out as he previously owned one, so fingers crossed the planets line up