User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New rims (20's) Suspension advice needed.

Default New rims (20's) Suspension advice needed.

Vs stock? You will probably find your stock shocks have sagged a little, putting billies on my car didn't drop as low as with new springs and stock shocks as the new shocks didn't sag..
    Just get the b8s I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Don't know anyone on here with a 6 and b8s that doesn't love the ride.

not really - B8's are just a shorter shock with settings to match.

if you run B6's with lowered springs you are making them ineffective because they're already semi compressed - and in the end will just blow them.

you're on lowered springs so B8's are your only option. The only other thing you might want to consider is going for some H&R or Eibach springs - by all accounts they're the best match for the Bilstiens, and you can sell your Kings - probably be less than a $200 difference by the time you onsell the Kings.

Do it once, do it right kinda thing.

the breyton's look great!

i was looking at buying them at one stage from tirerack, ended up sending about 40 emails trying to get them, even ended up escalating to one of the owners eventually, then it ended up being a massive wait so i cancelled.

agree that red 6 with the silver rims looks pretty baller.

Okay - saga continues. I get light scrub on tears when I enter onto a bump with turn on. Ie driveway. Feels like the lateral force causes it. Can't find the contact spot yet.

Pretty sold on idea of Billy's n spoke to GSL today with price of 800 odd delivered. Also thinking I'll do rear sway at same time (238$) - easier fitted together?

Sooo - is the camber adjustable on rears if this doesn't remedy it?

Camber is adjustable on rear

Thank you. Pro job? I'm ordering the Bilstein B8's and Whiteline rear Swaybar.

A decent alignment should sort it all out - you'll need one after you do the suspension anyway so just tell em to 'set it up to spec then dial the rears in until they clear'.

It sounds like there will only be a mm or so in it, if it's only hitting going up driveways. On that note, are you sure it's not just rubbing somewhere in the wheel well? Try put some masking tape on the guard lip, go up said driveway and then see if you can see any black scrub marks on the tape. (trick from my VIP days ;-)) If no marks you know it's hitting elsewhere.

Good idea I'll do that. I'm believing its rear tyre vs the sound deadening under guard at the moment. Its now the closest thing it maybe contacting but that will answer it for me.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Wow, @gslrallysport is this still on?
    Yep until tomorrow!

@ gslrallysport - order placed with yourselves yesterday. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12