User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPFP is needed with just bolt ons

Default Re: HPFP is needed with just bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Not sure if trolling...

$400 VS $4000 for rebuild (and then some)..

No brainer.

I wish I had my datalog still, I was dropping to 600PSI on an OTS tune, not even a custom tune. I came close a few times to ZZB, and no, it does not have to do with the accessport - the same thing happened on the STOCK tune. These issues dont seem to happen on new cars either...
    After the new pump, everything was perfect - with stock tune (I was running it to try and be safer) and AP stg 2.

The facebook post brett put up is bullshit to try and regain some dignitiy after being torn a new one by MSF, the car in that graph only had an intake..
    If you look at the stages cobb recommend HPFP comes after DP and WITH stg 2 tune.

BTW - The OP of this thread wasnt even running the AP...

PS - I have a DH FS lol!
    Want to do a quick look to see if duplicate account? ala iirps
    Or if it's just someone with head stuck up MRT's ass?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Wish I had my old pump to test, **** I would jam that up Mazda's ignorant arse hole lol

Default Re: HPFP is needed with just bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Wish I had my old pump to test, **** I would jam that up Mazda's ignorant arse hole lol
    Then it would take another 3 years for your car to be back on the road.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

OT don't hijack this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Want to do a quick look to see if duplicate account? ala iirps
    Or if it's just someone with head stuck up MRT's ass?
    Just realized were u referring to me with that comment

Points win for the keyboard jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Points win for the keyboard jockey.
    So, you went back through 12 pages of chat box archives?

So, you went back through 12 pages of chat box archives?
    So now I have your attention , was that quote ment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So now I have your attention , was that quote ment for me.
    Technically it was meant for jmac...
    But yes it was about you... When it comes to modifying the mps, I consider very little of what Brett says to have any sort of leg to stand on...

The "high kw" cars you see from him, I suspect they're estimated at crank kw not wheel kw...
    His dyno graphs show a stock car making 190kw, so when he then produces a car making 220kw, I'm dubious about what the car is actually doing...

People have paid thousands of dollars for a turbo upgrade and gotten 5kw more above 6000rpm... Else the graphs look almost the same as a stock turbo.

That he says a fuel pump upgrade is not needed means he either detunes the cars to the point of safety, or is ignorant about the potential dangers of a fuel pressure drop.

Either way, if people refuse to listen to advice/experience of myself and others on this forum, as well as MSF blowing up plenty of engines, and constantly go with "____ says this" I'm eventually going to assuming they're a lost cause, a troll account, or a duplicate account of the company/person trying to improve their rep on the forum.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Smile

Technically it was meant for jmac...
    But yes it was about you... When it comes to modifying the mps, I consider very little of what Brett says to have any sort of leg to stand on...

The "high kw" cars you see from him, I suspect they're estimated at crank kw not wheel kw...
    His dyno graphs show a stock car making 190kw, so when he then produces a car making 220kw, I'm dubious about what the car is actually doing...

People have paid thousands of dollars for a turbo upgrade and gotten 5kw more above 6000rpm... Else the graphs look almost the same as a stock turbo.

That he says a fuel pump upgrade is not needed means he either detunes the cars to the point of safety, or is ignorant about the potential dangers of a fuel pressure drop.

Either way, if people refuse to listen to advice/experience of myself and others on this forum, as well as MSF blowing up plenty of engines, and constantly go with "____ says this" I'm eventually going to assuming they're a lost cause, a troll account, or a duplicate account of the company/person trying to improve their rep on the forum.

People have paid thousands of dollars for a turbo upgrade and gotten 5

Thank you for the explanation ,i understand and agree with what your saying to a point but what you did was to flame and humiliate otherwise you wouldn't have gloated about it later.
    Us newbies have learn t a lot from you and others about these cars,it is very confusing for us when someone like Brett with all his tuning experience and also given that he has tuned more Mazda s than anyone else, sucks you in and tells you XYZ and the Mazda community says the opposite.I have learn t that you and others on the Forum understand the Platform better than even the so called professionals and we look up to you for advice. Not everyone that asks a question is a troll etc

just to confirm again, I am fully bolted (intake, tmic, exhaust) + hypertech tune. 3rd gear runs, the fuel pressure takes a nose dive as does 4th gear.

Whether or not fuel pressure drops seems to be dependant on the amount of load on the engine, as it didnt happen on flat roads but did on an incline. obviously you don't want pressure dropping in any situation.

What are my options in the market with regard to a HPFP?

I've had a look and come across the CP-e and Autotech Internals .. my Cobb AP v3 is in the mail, better to be safe than sorry.

/edit, nevermind, google came through. http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...p-fuel-105248/
    Last edited by Seba; 05-03-2014 at 01:38 PM.

I will be fitting a @CorkSport hpfp upgrade in he coming weeks, it's the first time I have used this product but pretty keen to get it installed. I have fitted heaps of autotech units now, my own car has a cp-e hpfp. What's your budget....

I will be doing an install and product impression when time comes on the cs part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12