User Tag List

Thread: Wheel Repair's Sydney?

1. Default Wheel Repair's Sydney?

So i was in the ciity last night and managed to clip a gutter ever so slightly and scratch a wheel off my Gen1 MPS (Shadow chrome rims) and boy was i pissed off......anyway just want to no is there anywhere i can get it fixed in sydney ?

plus i had just washed the car earlier and for that to happen i wasnt to happy ...

anyway any help would be great

cheers
    jono

Default Wheel Repair's Sydney?

Going to be extremely hard to find someone who can accurately match that shadow chrome.

If it were the standard silver rims, no dramas.

The process can be done @Caffeine Fiend, but its very expensive and I doubt they can match it to the other 3.

It would actually be cheaper to look for a second hand set - buy all four and put an undamaged one from the second set on.

If its not bad - just leave it. Only a matter of time till you do it again.

3. Default

hey SMOKEY thanks for your advice man i prob just have to live with it

cheers man

Any place that can do shadow chrome reasonably should be able to colour match based off one of your other rims.

Shadow chroming (proper shadow chroming) is more complex than standard painting, so it's important to take it somewhere reputable. Preferably somewhere with a track record of working with BMW and HSV wheels. the right colour/shade of base coat is important as is the number of coats of metallic substrate clear. Both combine together to achieve the effect of shadow chrome and also the shade of the rim itself.

The right place should have no issue balancing this to match the other three.

As you'd imagine it's not a cheap process. Expect to pay roughly twice per wheel what you would for a standard repair and paint. Ie anywhere in the vicinity of $250 to $350 per wheel for a decent place to do the work.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

This place did a good job on a gouge I took out one of my wheels a while ago: Wheel Centre Repairs P/L

Their website says Chrome wheels can't be painted, but shadow chrome is a bit different.

Just take your damaged wheel down there and see what they think.

Virgin Wheel Repairs in Sydney will do it.
    Pretty much most smash repairers sublet their wheel repairs to Virgin.

lolwut? I got a dislike by @37371118 for my reply?

Good work

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    lolwut? I got a dislike by @37371118 for my reply?

Good work
    lol sorry I think I mis-clicked it :P
    MPS 3 GenII

Default Re: Wheel Repair's Sydney?

Suspected as much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2