User Tag List

Thread: new install

Default new install

So just put in the REM and drove it around for a while. First thought, no vibrations. Car still feels the same. I read in another thread that maybe another mount has gone. Also notices that i had no coolant left :S maybe my water pump or a hose has gone. Cant see any leakafe from the to. Anyone had any experiences? Thanks alot guys

When I had my clutch done recently I had a CPE REM installed.

Initially I noticed no extra vibrations, but did develop a slight creaky/clunk over the next week or two.

Once back up on the hoist we found that the REM was not loose as such, but not tight enough. What a difference 1/4 turn of the spanner makes! Could see no obvious differences in engine movement, but this was definetly the cause, we could make the noise come and go by tightening and loosening the engine-side bolt on the mount a fraction.

Then I found all those extra vibes everyone talks about... Car did indeed feel significantly different, until this I had wondered why anybody bothered...

Also, while the car was on the hoist with the driveline being loaded and unloaded I wandered down the back to check out the rear diff... wow that sucker moves! even just being lightly loaded up with the brakes on causes slight but visible movement of the whole unit, no wonder the mounts snap when abused, and cars with stock mounts seem to break more axles...

Chris.
    Last edited by Victa; 16-09-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...