User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

Hi all,

Just moved to the Brisbane area and the MPS is up for it's 2nd last service before warranty runs out. Anyone have any recommendations as to were to get it serviced keeping in mind it may have some warranty issues that require attention??
    Thanks in advance. Brad.

Well 61oooKs down and I asked to have my warranty check carried out and apparently I must have a good one because not a single thing was found wrong! I'm not sure if I should be happy or cursing because I'm not getting anything replaced for free. I can just see it now, I'll be on here in 6 months complaining my driveshafts are rooted, my shocks are all leaking, the rubber in the engine mount has totally disintegrated and I have plumes of blue smoke chasing my car around town.

Sorry, wrong thread!

4. Default

have that clunking rear/rattling issue now after 66k in a gen 1 hopefully its a torque setting issue on the sussy. Cant hear it cruising on the highway but around town drives me fukin nuts.

Have a ticking noise at the front right wheel. It happens when I release the clutch or change up or down gears. I'm even hearing it sometimes when I go over speed bumps or little bumps in the road. It's making me go nuts so lately loud music in my car has been my quick fix.
    Suggestions?

6. Default

This is an awesome thread with loads of useful information, just want to check how did you get some of the issues fixed, costing your own $$ or dealer/warranty provider?
    I had some exact same problems, so wanting to know the solutions:
    *Gearbox-a small kicking noise between 1-2-3 gear shifting, and shifting not smooth, not a big issue for me at the moment, may jut leave it for now
    *Seat belt restraints squeaking-I wonder where the noise from, had Mazda checked the seat, nothing wrong, must be from the seatbelt then. HOW DID YOU FIX IT?
    *Brake makes squeezing noise sometimes when brakes, pads are all 8mm+, so must be the rotors? HAVE TO GET NEW PADS AND DISCS TO KICK THE SOUND AWAY?
    *Having knocking sound from left rear suspension/swaybar when going through very bumpy surface. Had Mazda checked, found nothing wrong. HOW DID YOU GET THIS FIXED?
    *Thrust bearing-this must be the cause of the annoying noise, I thought it's something to do with the tyre, but got new tyres...HOW DID YO UGET THIS FIXED?
    *Clutch sticking-wonder whether this is the same problem on my one, everytime I changed gear, the clutch is never touching the flywheel and stay at the REV, feels like either a push or drag from back, and the REV always drops back to around 2000rpm, and only when I keep the rev at/around 2000rpm when releasing the clutch, the car goes smooth.

Appreciate if anyone can give some advice on these issues, really keen to get some of them fixed. And wanting to know whether it will be covered by Mechanical insurance. Any advice on any of the items will be helpful, thanks in advance.

BTW, I am located in NZ, I got a 07 Mazda MPS gen 1, japan imported.

The knocking when going over bumps coming from your rear sway bar I almost guarantee are your endlinks which are worn out. You need to buy new ones, the ones I got are 1994 Mitsubishi ones off ebay, if your interested I can find the exact ones for you and send you a link

I fixed my thrust bearing by leaving my foot on the clutch at the lights or turn the stereo up so I can't hear it

Sent from my HTC One X
    Last edited by 1CMS1; 02-04-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    the ones I got are 1994 Mitsubishi ones off ebay, if your interested I can find the exact ones for you and send you a link
    Would you mind posting this for others too? I have the knocking - mild - on a 156K Gen 1 MPS, I wouldn't mind getting some cheap end links and getting my mechanic to replace soon to determine if this is the cause.

It has been posted before on here not so long ago, that's how I found about about them, however here you go 2 Rear Sway BAR Link KIT Mitsubishi Delica L400 Space Gear Stabiliser 1994 2006 | eBay
    Last edited by 1CMS1; 04-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    It has been posted before on her not so long ago, that's how I found about about them, however here you go 2 Rear Sway BAR Link KIT Mitsubishi Delica L400 Space Gear Stabiliser 1994 2006 | eBay
    Are these a straight fit?

Any fitment issues with a stock swaybar?
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Naa perfect on stock car, was very quick and easy to do

Sent from my HTC One X

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789