User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    Gotta march down to Mazda tomorrow! 3500kms and...

I have this GOD AWFUL knocking noise in the rear when driving over bumpy roads, it is so God damned annoying! They either fix it, or they can have the f*cker back! It's annoying to the point I could take to the car with a baseball bat!
    I had this before the first 1500k service it was a loose swaybar bolt, it had loosen itself.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Mate can you describe this noise?
    A knock on front suspension impacts. Almost a klunk. Not metallic sounding as such. It seemed to be worst when cold. Days driving would see it settle. Not so much big impacts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Well, mine was in today for the final set of replacement bits, and by jove it's sorted. 5 or 6 days off the road over the course of 8 weeks I think. I'm quite happy with that for a difficult to diagnose issue, specially since it all feels very tight now I think every bolt has been torqued.

Final damage report :

Service 1: Front left shock, front left and right bump stops

Chasing persisting front end knock noise :

Service 2: inspected and reinstalled engine/gearbox mounts, replace strut tops - no win

Service 3: replace steering rack - no win, mazda engineer has a listen and orders:

Service 4: replace lower control arms, D bushing, sway bar endlinks. - WIN

Default MPS 3 Shocks

The car went for its 42 month/70000 (60000 on the clock) service today and asked I them to do a warranty check as the warranty runs out soon and also to check a knock coming from the suspension.

When I picked the car up they told me that both front and the right rear shocks are needing replaced which they are doing under warranty.
    At the last service (done at a different dealer) the right front shock was also replaced which seems odd as the car has only done 5000k since. Has anyone else had any issues with shocks?

I also have had the rear right changed at 18500k.

The service guy said it was common and they are replacing the old ones with redesigned ones.

As the car will be out of warranty soon I was thinking I might wait a while and go for aftermarket ones.

I've merged this thread with the general MPS3 problems thread, there is also a great deal of information relating to shocks etc here.
    Cheers

5. Default

10,000km = vibration rattle in dash at all speeds while driving
    noise in gearbox new throwout bearing
    30,000km = new turbo and throwout bearing

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Just had 70 000klm service needs new rear shocks and engine mount. To be done under warranty.

2009 3 MPS

Descending on big hills cruise control drops out. Have only just noticed today as it was my first big drive. Will have to chase up dealer next week about it.

it looks like my girl has some kind of leak from the rear caliper/brake.
    At the 1000km looky thing they checked it out. I know its still leaking as when i painted the calipers i cleaned the rims inside, and now they have this buildup again.

There is still plenty of brake fluid in the reseviour

Will take it in again tomorrow to get it checked out
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 21-09-2009 at 06:37 PM.

You may all remember the rigmarole I had with the side strips on my girl - glue was coming off the rear driver-side door strip, which then would slip under the front doo lifting that strip as well.
    Talk about a comedy of errors!
    I took it in to have them replaced (with some other stuff), and they forgot to fit them which cost me another day.
    NOW THEY ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN!!!!!!
    Why just on this side???
    I wonder if they were even replaced, and they just fixed the ones that were on it originally!!!
    Well, I'm going to ring and have a "word" with this dealer to tell them it has happened, and that I will be taking my car to another dealer in the future - I'm sick of being dicked around by the yard I normally go to.
    I met one of my boss's mate's the other day, and he works for one of the dealers around the corner from my work. I was telling him the woes I had been having, and he tells me that the yard I was griping aboot has the WORST name for service in the state...
    Ah well, will try this new one, as this bloke has told me he will get the workshop guys to go over the black-bitch with a fine-toothed come.

Deano, I go to the dealer near your work, and they're pretty good, they've fixed every issue I've had without problems! Good luck with the protection strip, have you considered not having them on?

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Deano, I go to the dealer near your work, and they're pretty good, they've fixed every issue I've had without problems! Good luck with the protection strip, have you considered not having them on?
    I had thought aboot taking them off Shakes, but it has now become a matter of principle!! Besides, I kinda like the look of them still...

Good to hear aboot Wood Bros Mazda looking after you, I had heard they were the best dealer in Perth

Just had clutch release bearing replaced & they had my car for 3 days to do the job!!!!!!!!!!

Replaced water pump after 5000klm. Fixed under warranty of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Just had clutch release bearing replaced & they had my car for 3 days to do the job!!!!!!!!!!
    Doesnt suprise me, why did they replace it (noisy?) I have a feeling even then it will get bad again..

How bad was the sound?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

i have squeaks in the rear somewhere. havent isolated as yet. could be restraints.
    have a squeaking somewhere behind the dash above the cd player. will get them to check that on my next service
    Cracked rotor rear left. at my 10,000k service mazda replaced my whole rear break system under warranty.

Going in on wednesday for airbag warning light....

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Doesnt suprise me, why did they replace it (noisy?) I have a feeling even then it will get bad again..

How bad was the sound?
    Yeah, it was a bit noisy, noticeable if you listened for it. The report came back stating "internal bearing failure".
    I just thought its under warranty so why not.........i would hate to see the labour costs if it had not been covered.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Yeah, it was a bit noisy, noticeable if you listened for it. The report came back stating "internal bearing failure".
    I just thought its under warranty so why not.........i would hate to see the labour costs if it had not been covered.
    Mine's pretty noisy too, I'll hit them up for that on Monday! Which Mazda dealer?

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone else has come across this. The leather arm rest in the middle of the back seat is very "crinkled" in comparison with the rest of the leather in the car. Mazda have agreed to replace it under warranty. Nice

Murch

Just to update, the complete airbag control module was replaced for my airbag light.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast