User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

Contact dealer regarding the issue, they might cover it under warranty. Can't hurt to ask.

2. Default

Thanks for the advice. I have written an email to Mazda Australia and will be back at the dealer tomorrow for further discussions...

3. Default

looks like all problems have been fixed and mazda have been doing there job 110% for nearly a year now

Quote Originally Posted by 4PLAY View Post
    looks like all problems have been fixed and mazda have been doing there job 110% for nearly a year now
    Or everyone is out of warranty now and going mad with mods

lol or just not worring about mazda any more and going to another workshop to fix it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    lol or just not worring about mazda any more and going to another workshop to fix it lol
    Agreed. I'm going to a reputable independent mechanic. It's just a matter of knowing what each service is meant to involve.

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 4PLAY View Post
    Very funny! Problems not solved! I voted with my feet and bought a Toyota. I still have the 3MPS but have no faith in Mazda Australia any more. Still love the car but their local distributor (Mazda Australia) have no concept of customer service and brand loyalty.

I've got another one that's a clunk master up front.
    Been living with it for at least 12 months.

Blog Entries

Driveshaft service
    Symptom - tappety-tap up front due to play in driveshaft.
    Cause - bolt holding shim/bushing has shifted, creating clearance where there shouldn't be any.
    Service (1) - replacement bolt/shim/bushing : FAIL - Driveshaft has bound to bearing, unable to seperate.
    Service (2) - replacement driveshaft/bolt/busing/bearing.

Result : AWESOME! Put up with this for quite awhile, more noticable rolling on lightweight alloys. Seemed to start getting worse, so took it to eagers in Bowen Hills. Gace them my assessment and assessment of a couple of other service agents (replacement driveshaft)
    They tried without replacing the driveshaft, couldn't. Let them keep it overnight and got it back today. VERY happy. Really seems to have made it all feel tighter etc.

I'm an 07 warranty expiring around sept, so happy to have it done before it costs $900+
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

re: clunking - I associated the tap only with the driveshaft. I thought clunking (when cold) was shock valving etc. Goes away after warm-up. The driveshaft service appears to have quietened everything down a lot. Not just the tap. Haven't had it back long enough to say for sure but some people suspecting shocks may find a driveshaft service will solve the noise. I'll be going with Koni FSD soon, regardless of whether my shock valves are noisy when cold or not, or whether they'd be covered under warranty.

Blog Entries

I'll confirm after a few more hundred K, but I'm tempted to say:
    Think you're shocks are noisy? You're probably wrong. Get your driveshafts checked.
    But I'll not-say it for the moment....

Blog Entries

I would suggest that 75% of the noise I attributed to shocks was actually the drive shaft. Shocks still have some cold noise, but after listening with a quiet driveshaft...it's trivial, and as it is at the moment, I really wouldn't consider the shock noises to be a problem - at all. Just normal operation - little bit of cold noise then settles when warm.

Thank god! Thought I was going crazy with this knocking problem.

I find it just "knocks" once when take off from the light normally or if I am reversing and when I stop and begin to go forward. You can feel it under foot as well

I have been trying to replicate the problem so I can show the Dealer otherwise they won't believe me.

So servicing the driveshaft will fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

When I bought new tyres for my 2009 Mazda 3 MPS Gen II (Pirelli PZero Rosso), it had the same problem

The tyre place i bought them from tried and tried and tried to fix it and it went from left pull to right pull to left. Very annoying
    They ended up saying it was the best it was going to be, but when i just out laid $1300 for quality tyres, i went to my Mazda Dealer (Garry & Warren Smith Mulgrave) and they said it wasn't right

They ended up fixing the problem and the car now drives like a dream. I went back the tyre place and got my money back for the wheel alignment
    Mazda Mulgrave also notice some damage to my front left stone guard (as if someone had run over something) Not happy!

Blog Entries

Most likely mine's final warranty service :
    Took it in, "check for anything that might be warrantable, the shocks etc are a bit noisy."

Warranty service :
    Front D bushings, sway bar end-links replaced.
    Rear shock absorbers, rear sway bar endlinks replaced.

Over the course of 4 years, my front shocks been replaced once, the front d bushings twice and rear shocks once, and the rears should have been replaced sooner.

No more noises at all. It's freaking exellent. Not in such a rush to buy KoniFSD, now. Besides I need rotors and pads next

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Short answer is that driveshaft is prob. most of the noise, and anything left over likely to be endlinks or front d bushings. I no longer think my shocks were noisy as such - what I was being told was "valve noise" was probably a bit of play in the swaybar endlinks. Mind you, rear shocks were shot and were replaced and noticable handling gain with rear shocks that work properly

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Thank god! Thought I was going crazy with this knocking problem.

I find it just "knocks" once when take off from the light normally or if I am reversing and when I stop and begin to go forward. You can feel it under foot as well

I have been trying to replicate the problem so I can show the Dealer otherwise they won't believe me.

So servicing the driveshaft will fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

When I bought new tyres for my 2009 Mazda 3 MPS Gen II (Pirelli PZero Rosso), it had the same problem

The tyre place i bought them from tried and tried and tried to fix it and it went from left pull to right pull to left. Very annoying
    They ended up saying it was the best it was going to be, but when i just out laid $1300 for quality tyres, i went to my Mazda Dealer (Garry & Warren Smith Mulgrave) and they said it wasn't right

They ended up fixing the problem and the car now drives like a dream. I went back the tyre place and got my money back for the wheel alignment
    Mazda Mulgrave also notice some damage to my front left stone guard (as if someone had run over something) Not happy!
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    Going in on wednesday for airbag warning light....

was ur airbag warning light coming on and staying on randomly here and there?? mine has been coming on for up to half to most of the day driving but then the next day its off again!!?? becoming more frequent too!!

Yep, exactly that. Sometimes you could restart the car and it was gone, other times it would stay.

They said the airbag control module was replaced, I get the feeling that there was just a loose connection somewhere..

Ask to see it after they have replaced yours.....

17. Default

I was cruising down the highway tonight and went to shift down from 6th to 5th to 4th to take the off ramp and found myself stuck in 6th. Pulled over, pushed it out of 6th and it acted normally. Now, i cant changed from 6th to 4th without feeling "stuck", i have to use just a touch of force to get it out of 6th and 5th. Also, the stick feels elevated in those gears, like its popped out of reverse. Its not a major concern because its not causing any problems, just an inconvenience because its not as silky smooth as before in 5th and 6th. Anyone heard of this before?

18. Default Expen$ive ABS pump fault?

Hi all,
    My car problem has brought me to your site.
    Looking at the site over the last couple ofdays I think its great to have a forum to share info through.
    My MPS is just out of warranty and for the pastweek the dashboard has lit up.
    I have 2 warning lights showing, ABS and DSC(the car doing fishtails down the road light).
    I have been told the problem may be in the ABSpump. Many people overseas have this problem which may be a recurring fault?
    Has anybody had a similar fault?
    One guy overseas fixed the problem by puttingtape over the warning dash lights. Can’t see the lights = no problem…..
    (Using this thought I might take a picture of afull fuel tank gauge, stick it over the dashboard and never run out of fuel?)
    If the problem with the ABS pump is as widespread overseas as what I am seeing, is it also happening here?

Hi guys this thread is more for known issues fixed through warranty. If you are seeking assistance please create a new thread in the appropriate section. It will get much more attention this way :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Had my drivers side CV joint regreased under warranty! no more clicking up front when i reverse out of a parking space or when i drive over speed bumps
    As well as my seatbelt warning device indicating someone not wearin their seatbelt in the back seat even though theres no one there :O

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast