User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

Blog Entries

Mine's in again tomorrow after replacement shock and bump-stops failed to resolve knock and tap noises

knock on driveways and on road bumps - appears to be coming from left, but not so sure today - right side impacts seem to produce it also, just less.
    Tap on engage of clutch or sudden loading change - launch or lift-off at higher rpm in a low gear.

My bet at present is with an engine or gearbox mount - the tap sounds exactly the same as my SP23 did when it's engine mount went. Hopefully they find it tomorrow...I didn't leave them enough fuel or time for a road test last week...

Have to say that I'm glad to have a dealer who doesn't dismiss concerns - took tech for drive - tech goes "yep I hear that", service go "do you want to leave it here today?" and I go "How about tomorrow" and service say "No worries, we've just had it off the road for two days though, so keen to get it sorted for you..."

Wippells in Twmba - prob won't mean much for many of you - I'm not aware of any other members out this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Wippells in Twmba - prob won't mean much for many of you - I'm not aware of any other members out this way?
    About 10 years ago when I had my old Astina SP I was in town and got it serviced/fixed there. Best service it ever had.

Turned out that I'd gone to school with the service manager...shows how long ago I was at school that I can't remember his name...

I had my new water pump and coolant fitted today, 31,000kms. Lets see how long this one lasts.....Hope it lasts till I sell it. Its an 10/06 build, so, things seems to say I got a good one.

Blog Entries

Well, still in the workshop. They're planning to replace strut tops tomorrow.

Mine's in again tomorrow after replacement shock and bump-stops failed to resolve knock and tap noises

knock on driveways and on road bumps - appears to be coming from left, but not so sure today - right side impacts seem to produce it also, just less.
    Tap on engage of clutch or sudden loading change - launch or lift-off at higher rpm in a low gear.

My bet at present is with an engine or gearbox mount - the tap sounds exactly the same as my SP23 did when it's engine mount went. Hopefully they find it tomorrow...I didn't leave them enough fuel or time for a road test last week...

Have to say that I'm glad to have a dealer who doesn't dismiss concerns - took tech for drive - tech goes "yep I hear that", service go "do you want to leave it here today?" and I go "How about tomorrow" and service say "No worries, we've just had it off the road for two days though, so keen to get it sorted for you..."

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    1. Passenger seat belt clasp squeaking, replaced
    2.Rear shock leaking, replaced
    3.Drivers seatbelt clasp squeaking, lubricated
    4.Front susp. squeaking, lower control arms noisy, both fronts replaced
    5.Brake fluid leak, reservoir cap not sealing, replaced
    6.Clunking when driving, rear engine/gearbox mount, replaced

Had the car picked up today, when I got home I took it for a drive..... REAR ENGINE MOUNT IS STILL KNOCKING AND CLUNKING AROUND!

Not very happy about this, I am seriously beginning to wonder about the competence of the mechanics at the service centre. 8:30 tomorrow I'll be having a nice chat to them.
    Can now add, Near side engine mount relaced and driveshafts lubricated.
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

^^ hope thats my problem..

[QUOTE=EVILMPS;31915]Got my girl back form Mazdas today, below is the results:1. The driver's side on the front bumper seems to have broken clips or something, as it keeps riding up over the headlight. I can push it back down, but there is obviously somtheing wrong there...They reckon this can't be fixed as it is caused by the bottom of the bumper hitting something and wearing the clip away - nothing they can do about, Would have to replace bumper, but this won't be covered under warranty (of course).2. The bump-guard strips on the driver's side have started coming away. It started with the rear door peeling up, which then scraped off the front one every time we opened the rear door. It has chipped paint off the bump-guard on the rear door now, most unsightly...They are getting new parts in from Melbouren, awaiting thier call.3. Brakes are strarting to get the wobbly fel to them, which I'm assuming means the rotors are warping...Once again, replacement rotors coming from Melbourne.4. Front wheel alignment is out AGAIN dammit......reckon there is STILL nothing wrong mechanically, but tyres are now worn badly due to contantly being out of alignment. Will replace tyres, and get alignment done elsewhere.QUOTE]

Getting a new turbo @ 25000 km Yay

Because smoking is bad for your health

Blog Entries

Well, still in the workshop. They're planning to replace strut tops tomorrow.
    And I've got it back now with new :
    strut tops
    front left shock
    front left and right bump stops

inspected and reinstalled engine/gearbox mounts

One noise down the "tap" (the mounts I bet), and has a july 1 appointment with a mazda engineer for the knock, which seems reduced. A few days will tell.

it feels very tight and seems just about everything with bolts has had them tightened, feels great. Hopefully mazda's engineer can shed light.

I'm considering inventing a diagnosis aid for these kinds of things. I'd tell you how it works but then I'd be giving away my trade secret.

Last edited by Nexus; 25-06-2009 at 11:39 PM.

whats the main indicators of front shock problems?? I noticed when I went over a speed bump slowly last night that the front suspension sounds really creaky and noisy......wasn't a nice sound at all for a newish car !
    Last edited by Nexus; 26-06-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Oops...edited rather than quote...see reply!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    whats the main indicators of front shock problems?? I noticed when I went over a speed bump slowly last night that the front suspension sounds really creaky and noisy......wasn't a nice sound at all for a newish car !
    Sloppy front end. Understeering in the wet in circumstances where it wouldn't usually. Greater inclination to hop. Because it was a gradual fail I didn't notice a big change until the new shock was in and all feels tighter. The smoking gun is thick treacle like oil/grease on your side panel. Weeks ago I had this, thought maybe I'd picked something up off road, washed off, it came back...didn't notice a handling change then, but around the same time started noticing a developing knock noise. After a little while it started to get a bit soft up front.

It would seem that for me, none of the noise was generated by the shocks themselves; so creaks and knocks and taps are going to be play in suspension components, engine/gearbox mounts, sway bar endlinks, etc...One yet to be diagnosed for me...
    Last edited by Nexus; 26-06-2009 at 11:36 AM.

I'm considering inventing a diagnosis aid for these kinds of things. I'd tell you how it works but then I'd be giving away my trade secret.
    Still waiting for your one to fix the speedo issuses Nexus!

Blog Entries

July 1 update - Mazda AUs tech dude looks at it re: noise

I now have a new steering rack as well, and if I thought it was feeling tight before it's now feels better than new. Parcel shelf and miscellaneous stuff removed from the cabin and it makes basically no annoying or concerning noises whatsoever - very quiet....except for the knock we are trying to eliminate.

Next up when parts land : ...deep breath....

Lower control arms
    D (bushing) ?
    sway bar endlinks
    and maybe more that I've already forgotten...

My bet is with the swaybar endlinks as being likely culprits. A certain amount of this list is precautionary rather than necessary to be sure to get any and all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    Still waiting for your one to fix the speedo issuses Nexus!
    I should make a thread for "Nexus' slightly-less-than-fantasy mods"
    (a) speedo corrector.
    (b) noise locator

I have actually made some steps towards being able to do the speedo and knowing exactly what the error measures as across the speed range. I'll be posting some how-to's soon, but won't be for the speedo, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Nexus; 02-07-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Clunking noise in the rear when hiting bumps: Fixed.

Solution: Suspension all checked.
    Tensioned reartabiliser bar drop link.
    Tested all ok.

hmm im having that too Nirvie ...will ask them to check it when i get my new turbo

Blog Entries

Default I'm a happy camper

Well, mine was in today for the final set of replacement bits, and by jove it's sorted. 5 or 6 days off the road over the course of 8 weeks I think. I'm quite happy with that for a difficult to diagnose issue, specially since it all feels very tight now I think every bolt has been torqued.

Final damage report :

Service 1: Front left shock, front left and right bump stops

Chasing persisting front end knock noise :

Service 2: inspected and reinstalled engine/gearbox mounts, replace strut tops - no win

Service 3: replace steering rack - no win, mazda engineer has a listen and orders:

Service 4: replace lower control arms, D bushing, sway bar endlinks. - WIN

Well, mine was in today for the final set of replacement bits, and by jove it's sorted. 5 or 6 days off the road over the course of 8 weeks I think. I'm quite happy with that for a difficult to diagnose issue, specially since it all feels very tight now I think every bolt has been torqued.

Final damage report :

Service 1: Front left shock, front left and right bump stops

Chasing persisting front end knock noise :

Service 2: inspected and reinstalled engine/gearbox mounts, replace strut tops - no win

Service 3: replace steering rack - no win, mazda engineer has a listen and orders:

Service 4: replace lower control arms, D bushing, sway bar endlinks. - WIN
    Mate can you describe this noise?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I've got a new "D" bushing on the way for my front swaybar. Hopefully it sorts out my front end clunking.

19. Default

Leaking water pump replaced at 27,000 kms

Blowing a little bit of smoke sometimes so I'm guessing the turbo will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Blowing a little bit of smoke sometimes so I'm guessing the turbo will be next.
    Suggest this thread - Smoking Turbo's and Seals
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast