User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hey mate,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by sticking clutch, mine is a bit notchy on release lately and wondering if this was similar (feels a bit 'sticky' on release and travel not so smooth) - same problem?
    When sitting a traffic lights with clutch engaged, if left there for a bit, it will stick upon release. i.e. sluggish releasing from floor, then kicks out. Also felt like mush when giving it a bit up the mountain. Mine was sticking due to low fluid. Normal driving it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

My little black beast went in yesterday for it's warranty work and 30k service.
    Went to pick it up, but they had forgotten to do the service...

Will be getting it back today hopefully, so will find out of all the warranty work was done properly:
    New Instrument cluster (speedo issue)
    Power-window trim
    Rear-end clunk
    Front wheel alignment

Watch this space...

Got the black bitch back yesterday, and went for a long drive last night to watch a mate play indoor. She seems to be fairly toight, toight loik a toigah!
    Updates:
    New Instrument cluster (speedo issue) - Seems to be fairly spot on, judging by surrounding traffic etc. I need a GPS to check it, watch this space for a confirmation on this before ya'll go asking for a new dash...
    Power-window trim - All cleaned up and sorted.
    Rear-end clunk - Will have to wait and see...
    Front wheel alignment - All good, but then they charged me for a wheel rotation, balance and alignment when they did the serive the next day!
    New Dramas:
    Dash seems to have developed a slight squeak/rattle
    New dash is not very bright, even on highest level
    Gonna bear with this for a week or two, see how she goes.

Blog Entries

the whole Dash has always been a massive issue with the Mazda 3's even with the early model ones, they used to crack and squeeze and rattle, 90% of the time its covered under warranty but just be sure you can go without your car for a day or two when they replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    the whole Dash has always been a massive issue with the Mazda 3's even with the early model ones, they used to crack and squeeze and rattle, 90% of the time its covered under warranty but just be sure you can go without your car for a day or two when they replace it.
    We haven't had a drama with either of our 3's and the dash, this is a new development since they replaced the instrument cluster.

I've already been without it for 2 days, so i might drive it for a bit more and then take it back...I missed it! They gave me an auto Neo 2 for the loaner...can you get more boring???

My driver's side rear shock is starting to leak, parts are on order, as soon as they arrive I'll take it in and get it fixed.

Default Dash

Interesting you mention that Armour All corrodes the Dash on 3's? Isnt Armour All supposed to protect your dash? I have used Armour All on the dash of my MPS for some time and nothing has happened. Is there anyone on this forum that knows an alternative that doesnt possibly ruin the dash?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fuz View Post
    Interesting you mention that Armour All corrodes the Dash on 3's? Isnt Armour All supposed to protect your dash? I have used Armour All on the dash of my MPS for some time and nothing has happened. Is there anyone on this forum that knows an alternative that doesnt possibly ruin the dash?
    Any petroleum based product has a chance to damage UV stabilised plastics like dash boards. This is common knowledge to most car enthuiasts

damp microfibre dusting cloth.

or

water and a cloth.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    It could well have been propoganda on behalf of the dealer, but I didn't think it was worht the risk - especially when she told us they wouldn't cover it under warranty if we used Armour All!!!

We use a Maguires product, Dash Foam. That does a good job, plus we have dash mats!
    Maguires FTW. Some of the best products around come from Maguires. I also use the dash foam, have been since May 08, and no problems at all. The only thing I hate about this product is the mess it makes upon spraying. Recommend spraying into a cloth away from the car, then wipe on. Do not spray direct to the dashboard, as glass will cop a coating also (and you'll spend a good 30min cleaning the spots off it)...

I also use the Maguires upholstry cleaner and it really gets the dirt n grime out of the velour seats and carpet (also makes the car smell nice too). FYI, spray on, and sponge off with a synthetic chamos - it really draws out the dirt (and dirt you cant even see!)

Dont recommend dash mats as the majority of 3rd party ones obstruct the airbags, and the plastic still cooks under it. Just remember, the plastics are UV stabilised, so direct sunlight doesnt really affect it. Only heat affects this kind of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Dont recommend dash mats as the majority of 3rd party ones obstruct the airbags, and the plastic still cooks under it. Just remember, the plastics are UV stabilised, so direct sunlight doesnt really affect it. Only heat affects this kind of plastic.
    The mats we have are the Mazda ones, and have the right cuts etc to allow the bags to deploy properly.

Does Maguire's do something for the leather upholstery? SO need to clean the seats in my MPS...kids are not kind to car interiors...

Has anyone had their rear engine mount break again AFTER the safety recall was done on their MPS 3? Just deciding as to whether I should swap my waranty replaced one with an aftermarket. My warranty runs out in August, so i figure out of wty it would be a safer bet to replace that mount with a strong one, than to replace a busted gearbox if the mount breaks!!!

Has anyone had their rear engine mount break again AFTER the safety recall was done on their MPS 3? Just deciding as to whether I should swap my waranty replaced one with an aftermarket. My warranty runs out in August, so i figure out of wty it would be a safer bet to replace that mount with a strong one, than to replace a busted gearbox if the mount breaks!!!
    Nope, don't know of anyone that has broken it a 2nd time around. Aftermarket rear mount upgrades aren't a bad mod regardless. Quite a few on the market now. My pick would be either a TRZ or CPE mount. Currently running the TRZ dogbone mount with poly insert.

Few other companies have also just released aftermarket passenger and drivers side mounts too.
    I'm never drinking again

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MN View Post
    Nope, don't know of anyone that has broken it a 2nd time around. Aftermarket rear mount upgrades aren't a bad mod regardless. Quite a few on the market now. My pick would be either a TRZ or CPE mount. Currently running the TRZ dogbone mount with poly insert.

Few other companies have also just released aftermarket passenger and drivers side mounts too.
    Broken the mount, bolt or rubber in the mount?

I have torn the replacement mounts rubber...
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Jmac, how did you manage that!? Is this from general wear and tear? If the rubber in the replacement mount isn't up to the job, I may have to go the TRZ + Poly as well just to spare me any potential headaches in future.

2000MN, do you experience any significant vibration in the cabin from the TRZ mount?

Nope, all is fine..

Jmac, how did you manage that!? Is this from general wear and tear? If the rubber in the replacement mount isn't up to the job, I may have to go the TRZ + Poly as well just to spare me any potential headaches in future.

2000MN, do you experience any significant vibration in the cabin from the TRZ mount?
    I do get some cabin vibration when backing off the accelerator, mainly when revs are fairly low. But I think that is the combination of exhaust and the mount.... not just the mount.

Cosmic3mps and SRL both run the TRZ mount and don't have any vibrations afaik.. Cosmic is also using the delrin insert, which is firmer again.
    I'm never drinking again

I wasnt very clear :P

I have had a stock mount which shat its self, then I have torn the 2nd mount they gave me.
    I have a TRZ but that is not currently in as mazda swapped it back around to troubleshoot (or lack thereof) another issue.

18. Default

I would have gone the Street Unit rear engine mount personally, and with 50 duro inserts. Best mount on the planet, and no vibes from the start.

After 7000km now, no issues with it at all, the inserts look brand new, and the car feels like stock again even with the ac on

Blog Entries

Had steering wheel replaced last service due to leather defect that was opening up.

How trivial does that sound next to Swallowtails saga?
    Hope you get a good result....specially after waiting what...weeks?

Forgot to mention I had the front two shocks replaced under warranty.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast