User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama tyres from tirerack!

Default Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama tyres from tirerack!

Here is a UK store that sells online and ships to Australia. Their prices are basically the same as Tirerack! Demontweeks.co.uk

Tyres | Tyres | Performance | Home | Demon Tweeks

I don't need a new set of AD08's just yet but I am very tempted to buy a set right now!
    Last edited by Reedy; 13-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.

On top of this, hankook RS3s in 235/40/18 can be had for 255-280ea fitted...

That's works out to be cheaper than ordering from tire rack!!!

Shipping costs are similar?

Yea they have a good online store that gives a shipping quote on the fly, if anything this place will be simpler than Tirerack cause they needed to wire transfer money and shit.

tried having a look at payment options, but couldn't find anything. anyone find it?

Visa Mastercard and Paypal are all available.

awesome thanks mate. that already makes them alot better than tirerack.

AD08 205/50R15 for the MX5 = $767.

I like how you can change the currency also.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 13-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Default Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama tyres from tirerack!

Subbed, need 17inch track rubber...

I just ordered a set. I probably wont need them for another 6 months but I am quite happy to shove it up Yokohama's ass while I get the chance.

And if by shoving it up their ass, I mean by buying their product..... then I guess the jokes on me.

but reducing their large margins from aus buyers

The DemonTweeks guy just called me to confirm details of my order (shipping is $330 for 4x225/40 R18 AD08's FYI) and we had a bit of a chat about stuff. He said they seem to be getting more orders for tyres from Australia than they are from the UK lately. I explained that even with $330 shipping I am still saving over $600 off the total cost of this set of tyres, Yokohama recently blocked American stores from selling to us so enjoy it while it lasts yada yada yada. He said if any of your friends want a set of tyres then to email him directly and he will get the ball rolling a lot quicker than their website will.

So the experience so far has been good, similar personal level of service that tirerack gave only they don't need a stupid damn wire transfer for payment. Now let's see how long they take to arrive....

So how much are we looking at for a set of AD08s 225s 40/18? Im afraid my replacement is just around the corner!! Might as well get another set now....

I used to buy from demontweeks when I had my Peugeot. I would say their customer service are second to none

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    So how much are we looking at for a set of AD08s 225s 40/18? Im afraid my replacement is just around the corner!! Might as well get another set now....
    $1150 delivered to Sydney.

Not bad at all, quite competitive prices to tirerack if you asked me. Do you think u'll get taxed tho? It's over 1000 bucks. I know i didn't for my set from tirerack..

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    $1150 delivered to Sydney.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

No, its only the value of the goods that counts and that is well under $1000. It's the postage that puts it over $1000.

I dunno about that. I know postage puts it over $1000. Each time i have bought my stuff from the States, they have been taking into account the shipping value. Someone can back me up on this unless i'm wrong but i talked directly to customs the 3rd time and they said it has been including the shipping value. The only time i haven't been charged was through tirerack.

Perhaps, tires are different...
    No, its only the value of the goods that counts and that is well under $1000. It's the postage that puts it over $1000.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

I've bought tyres and wheels, both from tirerack and both over $1000 because of shipping, was not charged either time.

If they charged you on shipping then the government has stolen from you.

it looks like A048 are only a few bux extra compared to AD08.
    thats really tempting..

they are 400+ each over here

Yea same. Well i bought my AD08 from tirerack and i didn't get charged. But i got flagged once and had to pay tax another time. Argued so hard with the customs guy, in the end as say they told me shipping is always included. They were gonna send my stuff back to the states if it wasn't paid. Who knows...

Yea government has stolen from me many times. Generally with a smile and a big thank you. I'm very greatful to be a tax paying true blue aussie citizen. hahahahaha........

I've bought tyres and wheels, both from tirerack and both over $1000 because of shipping, was not charged either time.

If they charged you on shipping then the government has stolen from you.
    Current:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast