User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama tyres from tirerack!

$1000 import value limit is for the goods only.

$999AUD value + $250 shipping = no duties + no taxes.
    $1000AUD value + $250 shipping = 5% duty + 10% (value + duty + shipping) (or 17.5% extra)

You got an incompetent customs officer if they charged you tax on shipping. You should hit them up for a refund.

Well my tyres arrived today. That was like 3 working days from when they were shipped to them arriving at my door.

3 thumbs up for Demon Tweeks. Their service is better than Tireracks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Well my tyres arrived today. That was like 3 working days from when they were shipped to them arriving at my door.

3 thumbs up for Demon Tweeks. Their service is better than Tireracks imo.
    There also on ebay uk
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Well... considering my stuff was about $3000 pretty sure i got wacked with taxes.. Pretty sure hes just doing his job and i didn't know i was gonna get owned. So in essence, they do look at your shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    $1000 import value limit is for the goods only.

$999AUD value + $250 shipping = no duties + no taxes.
    $1000AUD value + $250 shipping = 5% duty + 10% (value + duty + shipping) (or 17.5% extra)
    - - - Updated - - -

Oh. But good to know you got your tires already. I might get in contact and maybe order myself a set.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Well... considering my stuff was about $3000 pretty sure i got wacked with taxes.. Pretty sure hes just doing his job and i didn't know i was gonna get owned. So in essence, they do look at your shipping.
    c'mon man, $3000 is very different to $1000. no wonder you got charged taxes and duties. are you just argueing for arguements sack? the cost of you items would've been well over the $1000 mark. unless you had $2000+ shipping, which i doubt. they only look at you shipping if the cost of the items are over $1000.

you first post suggested you got taxed for import when items were under $1000. now i may have read it incorrectly. but i'm not the only one to get the same vibe from your post. the post of mine that you quoted is 100% correct. take it or leave it.

if Reedy has brought $800 worth of tyres, and tweeks is charging $350 for shipping. the cost of the items are under $1000 and hence no taxes or duties are added by customs.

Default Re: Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama from tirerack!

FWIW I have managed to import a bike which was over the limit and not get charged for it.

Represented a 50% over the RRP in Oz.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

When the Demon Tweeks guy spoke to me on the phone he said they can just as easily split the items up into individual parts for you and send them a couple of days apart. Provided they are divisible in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    When the Demon Tweeks guy spoke to me on the phone he said they can just as easily split the items up into individual parts for you and send them a couple of days apart. Provided they are divisible in such a way.
    This is what i did with my brakes
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Also what I was going to do with my brakes, right up until I found they wouldn't fit.

thier ebay prices are a fair bit more than thier website....

Default Good news for those who have tried and failed to order Yokohama tyres from tirerack!

Not a bad site, had a look at some ad08's they are $1321 shipped a shop down the road sell them which are $1412 fitted so still cheaper to shop around and buy them locally, because I don't think I will get them fitted for less than $90

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12