User Tag List

Thread: THROTTLE STUCK OPEN! cobb access port

1. Default THROTTLE STUCK OPEN! cobb access port

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has input as to what happened with my car last night.

I have added a few mods to it, and the most recent one was last night a COBB ACCESS PORT.

According to the mods I re mapped it with a Stage - 1 map. After 5 minutes of driving I was in second gear flat stick till about 6000 rpm, when the car decided to keep accelarting on its on, the throttle was stuck bouncing on rev limit until i turned the car off. I went to turn it back on and the revs jumped up straight up again. So I turned it off again, removed the access port and put the car back to standard ECU settings and the car is fine again. Ps i opened up throttle body it is all clean so it i dont think it was mechanical.

Any tips? im worried now to tune it again, i dont understand is this mpossible im sure these maps are popular it shouldnt do this?

Cheers guys

Maybe (and I am cetainly far from an expert) it is because you didn't run it in, so to speak. The general recommendation for re-mapping is to give it at least 50km before driving hard for the ECU to get used to the new settings. Just an idea...I ran stage 1 for a while before starting my etune and ran it in for about 80km before WOT and had no issues and the same thing with the etune....

3. Default

hmmm i hope so i may give it a shot i must admit, i didnt run it in at all. I just jumped in and went nuts

Default THROTTLE STUCK OPEN! cobb access port

Jeebuz! Must have been hairy!

Hope u had no obstacles to contend with!!

Peter "SLIXX"

throttle body sticking is nothing new with the MZR motor.

Build up commonly forms around the butterfly on the TB and can cause it to stick.

I would say it was more a coincidence that it happened just after loading up a new map.

Thats why BBK's are a good idea esp with BT's