What the hell are you doing to that car mate lol
    I don't know...maybe I need some driving lessons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Good luck mate, hope it's a nice easy fix
    man
    MPS 3 GenII

Default car lost power and doesn't go above 3000 rpm

All will be fine Justin, hope your luck turns around soon! Keep us updated were all hoping for a good result for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    All will be fine Justin, hope your luck turns around soon! Keep us updated were all hoping for a good result for you!
    Cheers Rob
    MPS 3 GenII

5. Default

So any headway or discovery on the issue, sounds like safe mode to me, try an ecu reset if you cant find anything obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by kritz View Post
    So any headway or discovery on the issue, sounds like safe mode to me, try an ecu reset if you cant find anything obvious.
    it's only 8am here atm
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    it's only 8am here atm
    You mean the whole world doesn't work on 'Merican time and by 'Merican I mean NYC! lol Well if anything progresses with it LMK
    >>>>>>First Amphibious Pu<<<<<<<<

All mods removed and waiting for a 2013 CWP Tech

CorkSport>> Coilovers with Camber Plates,FSB,RSB,Endlinks,SSP,FMIC (large core), Rear Chassis Brace Set,Front Tower Bar, interior light kit,Racepipe, Catless DP,SPC Camber arms,
    JBR >> Sperical knobage with K.C.R. Mod!,Fully mounted
    Matt D. OCC ,Autotech HPFP
    Volk TE37's 17x8.5 40mm wrapped in Dunlop Star Specs 245/45

Mason Dixson Raceway: 13.092 @ 107.5 mph/ 1.85 60'
    Atco Raceway: 13.1 @ 109.45mph/1.99 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Yes he said if it's the problem of Turbo itself it will be covered, but for a daily driving car... Why so many problems....
    Im not saying anything
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Im not saying anything
    I know what you are thinking Matt
    MPS 3 GenII

Default Re: car lost power and doesn't go above 3000 rpm

I know what you are thinking Matt
    "Thank god it's Friday"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If all your intercooler and intake hoses and clamps are OK, did you check your turbo wastegate vac hose is OK and for vac solenoid functionality?

Take the hose off and check its entire length, suck/blow on it under water and check for leaks and/or secure fitment.

If the hose and its fitting looks OK stick that hose (or a longer hose that you can work with more conveniently) back on the solenoid and apply a vacuum to it see if the wastegate control arm moves.

If that all works, check that you are not in ECU "safe" mode by resetting it, as someone else suggested, before pulling the turbo off.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticone View Post
    "thank god it's friday"?

Sent from my galaxy nexus using tapatalk 2
    :d :d

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    If all your intercooler and intake hoses and clamps are OK, did you check your turbo wastegate vac hose is OK and for vac solenoid functionality?

Take the hose off and check its entire length, suck/blow on it under water and check for leaks and/or secure fitment.

If the hose and its fitting looks OK stick that hose (or a longer hose that you can work with more conveniently) back on the solenoid and apply a vacuum to it see if the wastegate control arm moves.

If that all works, check that you are not in ECU "safe" mode by resetting it, as someone else suggested, before pulling the turbo off.
    Car already at MRT, but thanks heaps for the information and help
    MPS 3 GenII

Car already at MRT, but thanks heaps for the information and help
    How this end up going?
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

still at MRT

still at MRT
    WOW!ihats a long time!have they given you any updates on what they’ve ruled out?

yes very long ... got a call today said turbo is done, but found the o2 sensor is damaged which will be 6xx dollars to replace, ask me if I want to fix or not.
    I just said yes coz I want my car back so bad....told it might be done this afternoon, but haven't heard anything since.

yes very long ... got a call today said turbo is done, but found the o2 sensor is damaged which will be 6xx dollars to replace, ask me if I want to fix or not.
    I just said yes coz I want my car back so bad....told it might be done this afternoon, but haven't heard anything since.
    Really sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with your car, and the expense to get everything fixed or replaced. Did you ask them how the o2 sensor is damaged and which one is damaged?

I tend to feel that maybe you have not been getting the best advice from the current people you are getting your car fixed / serviced. If I remember right, they told you your turbo is no good, then replaced it with another turbo, then they told you only way to quiet your car down was to replace whole exhaust (from memory I think you just went somewhere elso and got a muffler welded in) and now the turbo that they replaced has been fixed or replaced again and all of a sudden you have a bad o2 sensor.

It may be a good idea to go and see some other reputable mechanics in your area, or catch up with some of the mechanically minded member from the forum, everything just sound like too much bad luck with the ones you currently use.

Hope that everything gets sorted out for you and your car is back on the road.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

thanks man,
    ya I know what you mean, for me it's just because the shop is just too close to my place, I will see which o2 sensor they replaced and let you guys know once I got the car back.
    cheers

thanks man,
    ya I know what you mean, for me it's just because the shop is just too close to my place, I will see which o2 sensor they replaced and let you guys know once I got the car back.
    cheers
    That sux man i would be pissed off, my bet they may have removed something and threaded the 02 sensor, happened with me when DP install, lucky they were able to retap it lol. sounds a bit pricey on the sensor but thought maybe 400-500 max. I would be asking for cost price on all parts as it sounds like they have fcked something up as this is un-usual to hear happen
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast