User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Washing and Paint Decontamination Methods

Hi Mate,

Yep that's the one I've been using. They're fine little units for occasional use.

I have a higher specced 2kw K 5.700 currently on order to replace it only because I have a higher than average usage requirement for a pressure washer due to the detailing work I do.

Excellent, as long as it does a better job then the old flemington rose (hose).

Yeah pressure washers are great. Can't live without them now

Thanks again buddy...greatly appreciated as always!

A question about the high pressure cleaning. I was told that pressure cleaning would push the grit into the paint and leave fine scratches. Is there any truth in this?

Doesn't sound right to me mate. Pretty much every detailer on the face of the earth uses a pressure washer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey Dan @Caffeine Fiend - Wouldn't happen to know of a reputable repairer for Karcher? Have stripped down my K2.360, but it requires more stripping down to get to where the water is pissing out of. I think at this point I would rather give it to someone to either plastic-weld, or replace the part that has split.

Hi Dave,

This is a place that's not far from my work that I wandered into one day for a look around. They seem pretty decent though I haven't had any work done by them

Karcher Sales, Parts & Service Melbourne - Aquatech Solutions - Home

They do Karcher service work.

You might find though with something like the K.2, unless it's a very simple fix, the repair cost may outweigh the cost of buying a replacement unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi Dave,

This is a place that's not far from my work that I wandered into one day for a look around. They seem pretty decent though I haven't had any work done by them

Karcher Sales, Parts & Service Melbourne - Aquatech Solutions - Home

They do Karcher service work.

You might find though with something like the K.2, unless it's a very simple fix, the repair cost may outweigh the cost of buying a replacement unit.

Thanks mate.

Looks like I can get the replacement head for $80, in which case I will probably just replace it myself.

However, they are an agent for BAR pressure cleaners, they actually seem to be a good unit, with either alloy or brass pumps, depending on the model.

Might be a possible upgrade!
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

BAR are good units. If and when my Karcher dies, I'll be looking at BAR as a potential replacement. Hopefully my Karcher doesn't die for a long time yet considering how much I paid for it lol

I have opticoat on my wheels.

Can anyone recommend a particular product to clean brake dust without damaging the opticoat?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Unlike sealants and waxes, Opticoat loves heavy chemicals. A spray of all purpose cleaner on the wheels, dwell and light agitation is normally enough to do the job.

Thanks CF, didnt know Optiocoat could handle heavy chemicals. I was advised stuff like truck wash was too hash for Opticoat?

Not at all!

The CSIRO tested Opticoat by sitting 100% hydrochloric acid on it for an hour. It made no effect to the coating.

Chemically it will handle just about any cleaner you throw at it.

Hey guys,

whats better to wash the car with, lambswool wash mitt or the microfiber wash mitt (with the worm bits)?

i have a microfiber sponge now and doesn't get very soapy... looks like i'm just washing it with plain water.

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    Hey guys,

whats better to wash the car with, lambswool wash mitt or the microfiber wash mitt (with the worm bits)?

i have a microfiber sponge now and doesn't get very soapy... looks like i'm just washing it with plain water.
    I'm not a fan of lambswool. I've found they tend to shed everywhere after a while and also become a bit stinky if not left out to properly dry after use.

My personal preference is a microfibre mitt
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks heaps Dan,

So your suggestion is the noodle microfiber mitt, correct?

If so, which one? is the Armor All one good?

ANy MF that works for you dude. I haven't tried the noodle mitts but I know people who have and like them

Sweet, thanks heaps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

20. Default

I didnt know cleaning a car was so high tech to do it right. I just wet the whole car then use a big sponge on my whole car witht the same bucket of soapy water and of coarse do the mags last. Hose it off then dry it with a chamois. Then wax it. My friends used to think i was fussy doing it this way, but you guys are worse lol.

But i am fussy and like to look after my cars,so maybe i can try the 2 bucket wash .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast