User Tag List

Thread: 2012 MPS front bumper scraped underneath - ADD has kicked in ...

1. Default 2012 MPS front bumper scraped underneath - ADD has kicked in ...

Hi guys
    First ever scrape in the car happened yesterday, parked a little bit too close and scraped the bumper underneath on those cement block barrier things. It's got some scuffs in it that are not visible unless under the car.

I'm still in the honeymoon period with this car and knowing that it's not flawless is killing me.

I just want to know whether the front bumpers can be replaced, and how much is a typical repair on scratches underneath the car.

The car doesn't have a lip on it so it's actually scratched the bumper itself underneath.

Any help or links etc would be appreciated.

P.S. I know there are aftermarket bumpers available but I really just want an OEM solution.

Default 2012 MPS front bumper scraped underneath - ADD has kicked in ...

Is it noticeable from the front? You could get a touch up guy to fix it up, or do it yourself with some touch up paint.. You're bound to get some scrapes at some stage. I have a few but they are not visible unless I'm under the car. Depending on size if day anywhere from $50 to $100 for touch ups?

3. Default

It's from under the car, really it's just me being extra precious about the new car.
    I guess I'll forget about it and get a respray when the bumper gets stone chips etc in it.

I'd just live with that. Nobody will see it, and just as sure as a bear shits in the woods - it WILL happen again.

5. Default

true. i wish i could blame the parking spot.

If you cant see it, I wouldn’t bother…maybe wait for some more scrapes and then get bumper replaced or resprayed.

Yea, pretty much what everyone has said already... U would not want to see my side skirts.... I've bottomed out so many times the underpanel is just scratches lol.... I know it feels so bad when u first get it but trust me, u'll get over it and just accept the car as it is

its like anal the first time from what Jase tells me it hurts and all you want to do is stop and fix it but you get used to it happening after awhile and you just say **** it and buy a 15$ touch up kit and just keep everything nice..... wait till your inside of the guards start getting stone chips, like on the Side Skirt in the wheel arch.

Anal. I know about that
    In 2 weeks the entire bumper an bonnet is getting resprayed

Can't wait and good luck

Peter "SLIXX"

On the bottom of our front bumpers on both left and right sides theres 2 hard plastic/rubber bits these you can take off and replace. My money is on one of these scraping as they are the lowest point on the bumper.. I wouldnt worry but if you want to ring mazda for new ones im sure they will love your money

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    On the bottom of our front bumpers on both left and right sides theres 2 hard plastic/rubber bits these you can take off and replace. My money is on one of these scraping as they are the lowest point on the bumper.. I wouldnt worry but if you want to ring mazda for new ones im sure they will love your money
    If you hit front-on (like a concrete parking bollard as the OP said), it is still very possible to scrape the underside of the bumper without hitting those black plastic flares on the corners of the bumper

I've done it too
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    @RedDjinn mate I just scraped these pretty bad. Any idea where you can get these replaced?
    You were right on the money - it's these bits that got damaged.
    :: MAZDA3 MPS 2012 :: TUNEHOUSE SPEC C PERFORMANCE KIT ::

Quote Originally Posted by akqrate View Post
    @RedDjinn mate I just scraped these pretty bad. Any idea where you can get these replaced?
    You were right on the money - it's these bits that got damaged.

Try formaz spares.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Anal. I know about that
    In 2 weeks the entire bumper an bonnet is getting resprayed

Can't wait and good luck

Peter "SLIXX"
    Resprayed again Pete...Damn your fastidious hehe
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

That was in November.
    And after a little incident over the break... Doing it again and keeping @Caffeine Fiend in business

Peter "SLIXX"