User Tag List

Thread: Rough idle! 2012 mps!

Default Rough idle! 2012 mps!

Hey guys,
    just wondering if anyone has experienced slight rough idle on there mps, its only minor but is enough to be felt threw the clutch pedal and steering wheel. It also doesnt occur all the time, its obvously once the car is warm and at normal idle speed!

Its slightly annoying as the car only has 4000kms

I know i can take it back to the dealer but id prefer not too unless i really have too

Mitch

Do you have an upgraded REM?

If the car has such low kms on it, I'd opt for taking it back to the dealer and have them look at it under. Get them to come out with you on a drive and point it out to them so they don't just use the old "Could not replicate the issue."

hate to be a doom sayer, but unless you have a rear engine mount, that could be a sign of a bent rod
    if you can feel it through the clutch pedal, i would get it checked asap

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    hate to be a doom sayer, but unless you have a rear engine mount, that could be a sign of a bent rod
    if you can feel it through the clutch pedal, i would get it checked asap
    ^^this is scary! I'd get it checked!
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

Can you feel it when the clutch is on the floor? Have you modded it? how long has it been doing it? when its idleing rough does the engine move on idle (pop bonnet and have a look)?

Ok guys, the car is not modded in anyway, no rem or engine mods etc, 100% standard. Now the rough idle doesnt happen always, but somtimes I notice it when at the lights you can feel the steering wheel start to shake ever so slightly and if my foot is on the clutcj it can obviously be felt threw the clutch also. I very much doubt it is a bent rod, that sounds abit extreme I must say and if it was it would be rough the more the revs increase not to mention very tappy. Just thought they might not be a smooth idling motor? On idle it has a low burble as they do and a quiet popping sound can be heard, sound normal for anyone with stock exhausts?

I also have a 2012 model with 6k on it, I agree with the stock exhaust sound and the pop but the idle is generally smooth no vibrations, no feel through the steering and clutch. Your right probably not a rod but doesn't sound normal either way. If your in Sydney I would be happy to meet up and compare.

Cheers mate, I appreciate your offer and may take u up on it at some stage, so your idle is dead smooth 100% of the time then? Its wierd that it only occurs sometimes and unless I didnt notice it before but im pretty sure it didnt do it up until 2000ks on it. Ive got the gearbox shaft rattle when its idlimg that alot of guys say that seems to be normal so im not to worried about that now

Idle is smooth except if I'm running the AC wether has been warmer so idle will bounce around a little especially with climate control set to auto.

What car did you come from previously? I was in a BMW 5 series prior to this - needless to say the first time I drove the MPS I was pretty aware of the vibrations, knocks and rattles. Maybe you're being over sensitive?! It is an economy car remember - just has a stinking hot motor in it!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    What car did you come from previously? I was in a BMW 5 series prior to this - needless to say the first time I drove the MPS I was pretty aware of the vibrations, knocks and rattles. Maybe you're being over sensitive?! It is an economy car remember - just has a stinking hot motor in it!
    Previous car was an n15sss and those sr20de's never had a smooth idle. Hence why ive asked the question, im not too worried aslong as its nothing to worry about, a/c isnt the deciding factor here as to if it will idle slightly rough ot silky smooth. Its just when the car is warmed up(operating temp) it will sometimes have a slight roughness like an intermediate miss, then othertimes its dead smooth, a/c not on as I never use it, im the guy u will see with all the windows down in summer lol