User Tag List

Thread: Is fitting rear sway bar on a 6 MPS worth the upgrade?

Default Is fitting rear sway bar on a 6 MPS worth the upgrade?

HI, is it worth spending $350 (fit & supply) on fitting Whiteline sway bar? I read somewhere that rear sway bar is not as useful on a AWD than on a FWD car.

I havent done any upgrade on improving the handlings and i'm not sure if rear sway bar would be a good start.

I havnt read heaps about it but have heard from the ones i did read that it works really well stiffens up the rear quite alot. Will most likely be doing the sure dreadnought, juggernaut whiteline sway bar and rear brace in a month or so, thought i may aswell do it as i have the rear end apart anyway. Can let you know how it all feels. Sorry cant be too much more help. I am sure there is a bunch of info out there

Quite a few guys swear by the rear sway bar, with upgraded suspension really finishes the 6 off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I havnt read heaps about it but have heard from the ones i did read that it works really well stiffens up the rear quite alot. Will most likely be doing the sure dreadnought, juggernaut whiteline sway bar and rear brace in a month or so, thought i may aswell do it as i have the rear end apart anyway. Can let you know how it all feels. Sorry cant be too much more help. I am sure there is a bunch of info out there
    I've booked it for next Tuesday to get it sway bar fitted. Will post my thoughts afterwards.

Yes definately worth it.
    And supplied and fitted for $350 is an absolute steal!!!!

Have they ever fitted one before?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Yes definately worth it.
    And supplied and fitted for $350 is an absolute steal!!!!

Have they ever fitted one before?
    HAHA, i asked them the same question and the answer is NO. But they sound very confident. I heard fitting rear bar on 6MPS is much more difficult than many other cars, is this true?

Bwahahaha.

Hope they don't try to charge more when they realise what a prick of a job it is.
    Just about the whole rear end has to be dropped. Not out, but well released.
    Best of luck to them.
    Dad is a mechanic and it probably cost him $350 just in band aids to fit his

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Bwahahaha.

Hope they don't try to charge more when they realise what a prick of a job it is.
    Just about the whole rear end has to be dropped. Not out, but well released.
    Best of luck to them.
    Dad is a mechanic and it probably cost him $350 just in band aids to fit his
    Another store who had done the job on numerous occassions quoted me $495 supply and fitted, so if this shop gonna charge me over $400, i would tell them to stop and i rather pay more and take it to the other shop who offers warranty . i dealt with these guys before so finger cross they will stick to their words.

When I bought my exhaust off a past member he mentioned that the sensors used to allow our headlights to self level are on the sway bar (or at least I think it was the sway bar, feel free anybody to correct me). Apparently he got his sway bar swapped over and his headlights went all crazy and refused to point forward. After a huge amount of messing around turned out it was purely because they didn't put the sensors back in the correct place but just connected them to whatever was nearby.

As for the price, this is sounding a bit like my exhaust, got quoted $300 for turbo back exhaust fitted by a shop who had never done an MPS but assured me they had done lots of WRXs etc. At the end of the first day the owner rang up and confessed they were struggling and said he would cap the price at $600 and they would just keep going until they got it done. Took 2 full days and when I picked it up he told me I'd probably have the fastest MPS 6 in Melbourne because its such a bitch of a job he assumes nobody else will be bothered doing it!

Good luck! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    When I bought my exhaust off a past member he mentioned that the sensors used to allow our headlights to self level are on the sway bar (or at least I think it was the sway bar, feel free anybody to correct me). Apparently he got his sway bar swapped over and his headlights went all crazy and refused to point forward. After a huge amount of messing around turned out it was purely because they didn't put the sensors back in the correct place but just connected them to whatever was nearby.

As for the price, this is sounding a bit like my exhaust, got quoted $300 for turbo back exhaust fitted by a shop who had never done an MPS but assured me they had done lots of WRXs etc. At the end of the first day the owner rang up and confessed they were struggling and said he would cap the price at $600 and they would just keep going until they got it done. Took 2 full days and when I picked it up he told me I'd probably have the fastest MPS 6 in Melbourne because its such a bitch of a job he assumes nobody else will be bothered doing it!

Good luck! :P
    Appreciate your advice! I will tell them to keep this in mind tomorrow. They better not keep my car for 2 days or i have no where of getting home. THis shop is close to my work so i expect them to finish before close of business.

Your right that a RSB make a bigger difference in the 3 but it will still sharpen up a 6 very nicely. You'll love it.

Cool let us know how it all goes mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Cool let us know how it all goes mate
    HI mate, got it installed for $350, even though the shop owner admitted that it was alot more difficult than they thought, but they sticked to their promise.

After the RSB installed, i feel driving through the corners the car is noticeably less affected by centrifugal force. It pretty much means when you making turns, you still feel like as if you are driving in straight line because your body is not forcefully swayed sideways. Overall, it feels more comfortable when driving through corners and weaving through traffics