User Tag List

Thread: MPS3 Maintenance

1. Red face MPS3 Maintenance

Hey all,

I have just bought a second hand 3Mps and it is my first turbo car. What is the best oil for the engine and regularly should i have her serviced? any other general tips are more than welcome!

Cheers

maddsmps

Have a read of the following threads regarding oil.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...e-changes.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...etic-oils.html
    Since our turbo runs so hot, I service every 5000kms. You might be able to get away with leaving it to regular service interval of 10000km if you use a thicker oil, 10w-40 is what I use, only fully synthetic. You can't go TOO wrong if you use a decent quality fully synthetic like castrol edge, nulon, mobil etc. 5w30/5w40 and 10w40 are the most common for our car. There are plenty of threads regarding engine oil, transmission oil, diff oil etc if you are stuck search around!
    Last edited by dazza; 06-09-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

BTW, check the manual in the car for selecting the correct weight and viscosity oil based on your temperature.

4. Default

hey guys.. thanks for the helpful replies! i picked up the car today and love it!! .. its a 2006 mps and i was trying out the spare key but it doesnt start the engine, it gets as far as turning all the dash lights on.. any ideas about what i can do to get this key to work properly? thanks again!

Sounds like the security system isn't recognising the key. I'd guess that's a Mazda dealer visit, unless there's something in the manual.

EDIT: Just checked the service manual - how many keys do you have in total? If it's only two, Mazda dealer will have to do it. If you have two keys that work, plus that one, there's a registration process that should fix it. PM me for details.
    Last edited by 17sjs; 13-09-2012 at 09:50 PM.