User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 Cup Holder Vibration

Default MPS 6 Cup Holder Vibration

OK so just a little thing, my cup holder lid thing on my 6 vibrates like crazy on decel and acel in lower revs annoys the shit out of me as it is fckn loud and cant hear my shiny new turbo. Any ideas what i can use to shut it up i was thinking blue-tac lol but would like a better idea haha.

I have the same problem because of my exhaust, if I open the lid I find it doesnt really vibrate unless theres something sitting in it.

Yeah mine still vibes heaps with lid open, and yeah cus of exhaust to i think lol

I had this exact problem, take apart the lid and put two rubber grommets around its mounting points.

If you take the lid apart you will notice what I'm talking about.

Long story short. I have zero noises from there now

Sounds like:

1) you have an errant vibration that is caused by or can be fixed by checking engine and gearbox mounts or
    2) you have lost your rubber grommets under the lid. They are tiny things and easily replaced. Try the cheaper option 2 first.

Sometimes a vibe can indicate an issue elsewhere so it pays to consider it rather than just hide the symptom and not the cause.

Good one ray, how does the lid come off lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Good one ray, how does the lid come off lol

cant remember! just take out the cup holder section and inspect it, i think after separating the lid it prys open from the sides? i cant remember exactly i did this about a year ago lol

Awesome thanks ray I think the vibe is related to the loudness of my exhaust but planning on replacing engine and diff mounts soon. Which will probs add to vibes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Awesome thanks ray I think the vibe is related to the loudness of my exhaust but planning on replacing engine and diff mounts soon. Which will probs add to vibes lol
    It is most likely due to the (much) louder CBE, causes abit of resonation and that lid was the first thing I noticed.

Definitely exhaust, I only get rattle at certain rpm

I agree with the rattle due to the exhaust since you're saying that it's only at certain RPM's. The way to get rid of that would be to add a resonator to the exhaust... or add the two rubber pieces.

Yeah was thinking of adding resonator the loudness is starting to annoy me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yeah was thinking of adding resonator the loudness is starting to annoy me lol
    I find that adding resonator just makes the sound more smooth rather than barky or grumbly,

Change the mufflers to a more baffled type if you want to quiet it down

So got exhaust shop to install resonator on my car, they suggested to install 2 hotdogs to it as resonator wouldnt do much, and it has worked a charm not more stupid vibes from anything really alot smoother note from exhaust too.