User Tag List

Thread: Fuel pump upgrade necessary required hypertech/ap with Sri tune

Default Fuel pump upgrade necessary required hypertech/ap with Sri tune

First of all thank you all for all the advices I have received on this forum I pretty much have most info that I need in regards to the modifications that I want to do to my gen 1 Mps 3. Now I really just wanted a Sri for that beautiful turbo sound but think I'd feel more comfortable with a sri calibrated tune on the hypertechs 98 octane map because I don't want to run inaccurate maf readings and get lean cel codes etc and I pretty much want to keep my car easy and basic in regards to modifications. Now the thing that bothers me is that I have been reading about fuel pressure dropping dangerously low with just basic mods like sri's, tip's, test pipes etc and I don't want to really have to worry about monitoring fuel psi. I wonder if hypertech had a hpfp when testing out there tunes with their test car? Pretty much just want to tune my car to a Sri because I love the turbo sound and don't want to sacrifice reliability and spend to much money on modifications. These direct injection engines aren't as easy to modify like early 90's import turbo's unless u spend lots of money money money lol. Cheers in advance guys

wont be an issue with just sri and Hypertech or Ap stage 1 maps.

Default Fuel pump upgrade necessary required hypertech/ap with Sri tune

No Fuel issues with SRI, go get it and enjoy the sound! Cheap easy fun mod!

Default Re: Fuel pump upgrade necessary required hypertech/ap with Sri tune

You will be fine. Hpfp required for custom flash or sometimes with dump pipe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the replies guys that's what I thought but sometimes you just get misleading info on the net that's why I'm paranoid about the fuel pump not being able to keep up with these mods. Hypertech contacted me back and their test car just uses a standard fuel pump. I guess they would have to state to upgrade to a hffp like some of the ap maps so I guess it should be ok.

good luck with it. Let us know how you go..