User Tag List

Thread: HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

Blog Entries

Default HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

I have ****ed front shock. Needs replacing. Don't want OEM because I feel they are a bit weak. Had vehicle already booked in to Fulcrum next Thurs 6th only to have them ring today and tell me they won't be able to get TEIN SS that are listed on their site as available for fast shipping until December. I told them that's ridiculous and if that's the case they can forget it. I need suspension now, not December. Bit disgusted frankly, their customer service is next to non-existent.

PLEASE! Suggestions....should I
    (a) Purchase Koni FSD from the states...(tirerack)
    (b) Purchase _____ model coilies of your suggestion from _____?

I am after real-world usage. I want some compliance, don't want uber-stiff, be nice to drop it a 0.5", but don't want to drop it much more than that.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Go chat to @2XS Get some DGR's...

Default Re: HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

Know @Reedy loves his kw's

KW if you want coilovers there rep and Reedys impressions speaks wonders. if you are goign Konis and can spare the extra $200 go Bilsteins, Bilsteins are the only shock i will use if i change to aftermarket

Koni FSD for stock springs.
    Bilstein B8 if lowering
    KW if want streetable coilovers.

where to get them from quickly?
    Tirerack probably your best chance, or buy locally and give gillard a bit more pocket money to waste

Blog Entries

Thanks for recommends....

Well, fulcrum came to the party after I contacted head office. TEIN SS are off the market, replaced by street advanced.
    This is what created most of the problem and confusion, and if you look at fulcrum's website, you'll find it's been updated this afternoon and the product lists have changed
    $500 cheaper, and turns out they do have customer service after all, just needed some prodding to see it come to the fore. Hurrah!

I very nearly went the Koni FSD from tirerack, but since Fulcrum came good, and I'm not up for stuffing around with it any longer, TEIN Advanced it is.... Rescheduled for the 19th - have to put up with an MPS handling like total **** in the meantime with a blown out front right shock.

Wanted the EDFC controller kit, but it pushed the price too high for me right now. I'm looking at installed, adjusted, aligned for $2300. With the electronic damper force controllers it's over $3000. I'd rather put the difference into a rear sway, but not for a little while yet. I'll be skint this month as it is.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

Wohoo - new stance, here I come. Won't be a big drop - about 0.5". Staying with 225/45R18 shoes....Will post a pic when done.

Default Re: HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

I was gonna say gsl?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Koni FSD for stock springs.
    Bilstein B8 if lowering
    KW if want streetable coilovers.

where to get them from quickly?
    Tirerack probably your best chance, or buy locally and give gillard a bit more pocket money to waste
    B8's with Eibach or H-R?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

You already have enough 2XS stuff, what's wrong with some more?

I can do the DGRs for half that price.
    Spend the other grand on RSB, anti-lift bushes etc.
    Possibly have $500 left over afterwards too.

Blog Entries

Thanks, but locked in now. I had thought about DGRs from you and looked at MPSGarage's offerings, but imaginings of ride comfort won out, as I recall them having a reputation for being on the hard side.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You already have enough 2XS stuff, what's wrong with some more?

I can do the DGRs for half that price.
    Spend the other grand on RSB, anti-lift bushes etc.
    Possibly have $500 left over afterwards too.

interesting that tein have discontinued the SS $1800 product line and made a ne STAA line for $1000. It's like the same product but at the $1000-$1200 price bracket everyone has been selling at.

I hate to be a previous SS owner finding out I was shafted $600 compared to the same quality competitions coilovers.

had to do some googling around. but i have long thought the SSs were over priced. this move by tein has confirmed it.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 03-09-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Before :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	12275

Blog Entries

After :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	12324

Have some clearance issues to sort out at the back. Will need to trim wheel well trim....It's somewhat lower than my initially planned 15-20mm drop : Closer to 30, mind you it sits 5mm taller because of the tyre size, so about 25mm lower than stock...

Will be going camber kit, rear sway and various bushings as soonas I can afford it...

very happy with the handling...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    It's somewhat lower than my initially planned 15-20mm drop : Closer to 30, mind you it sits 5mm taller because of the tyre size, so about 25mm lower than stock...
    so ajust it up 10mm. isn't that the point of coilovers?

be great to see some pics and review of the new coilovers also if possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    so ajust it up 10mm. isn't that the point of coilovers?

be great to see some pics and review of the new coilovers also if possible.
    That and the adjustable damping. After discussing it, I let them just run with what they thought would work best. My main reason for suggesting 15mm was that 20mm is the minimum drop, and it was sitting 5mm taller previously, and I didn't want to be struggling with driveways. As I'm not struggling with driveways or brisbane roads I'm not rushing to changing anything until the bushings etc are done.

I'll hold off on a full review until I've done bushings as they are degrading the feel slightly. I don't think I'll have anything bad to say about them. Didn't take any pre-install pics, sorry, but I'll see what I can do when I rotate tyres.

I do think I'll end up pushing it up a few mm. For now I'll solve the rubbing how it is and look and final adjustments in a month or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    As I'm not struggling with driveways or brisbane roads....
    Somewhat to my surprise...I figured a driveway that is hard not to scape on would be even more so. Not the case

One thing I'm really impressed by is the balance between comfort and performance.

Blog Entries

Going up at least 5mm....under heaviest compression, 225/45 tyres...top of the front tyre will rub the wheel well roof. Rear only required trimming mudgaurd trim, but as we are looking to reduce the negative camber - currently ~ -1.7 deg all around, I still need to roll the gaurds to ensure they continue to clear when standing up a little more.

19. Default HELP! Need suspension...TEIN can't deliver until December...need NOW.

Go with Sonic Tuning coil-overs.

Seed planted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk