User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mods

Default New mods

Hey all,

Just want some ideas for the next step in my modding path as I already have an Sri.

I have become alittle use to my 3 now and the pull through gears and what not just doesn't have that same zoom zoom feel anymore so time for a new mod um more to the point what would be the best "bang for buck" mod for the 3? Cobb ap, down pipe, fmic?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

DP or AP will net you some good gains, you will want fuel pump internals if you go DP though.

Or u could go the hypertech which is cheaper and calibrate ur sri

taking the restrictors off will zoom lower down low..

5. Default

what about a handling mod? I found the rear sway bar to be a "wow", night and day type mod and relatively cheap

I had my mates Cobb AP for a few weeks and the lifting of the restrictions in first 4 gears was very noticeable, especially in the first 2 gears. All of a sudden 2nd was my fav gear to be in. Twas a sad day when i had to uninstall it and hand it back

I believe the hypertech would net similar results to a cobb stage 1 tune.

Default Re: New mods

I was thinking about the Cobb ap I thought lifting the restrictions would be noticeable more so and the I can tune my Sri yes?

plan plan plan.
    what are you trying to achieve? how far do you want to go?
    without this information there is no next best mod.
    If you are planning for intake to add a tune and nothing else then a tune is your next best mod.
    if you are planning to go almost fully bolted (ex turbo) then the next best POWER mod is a DP or IC.
    If you are going for an all rounder then the next best mod would be RSB for some handling

Re:Cobb/Hypertech - read some threads and learn about it. There is plenty of info here.
    Dont write the HT off, if you are not going past stage 1 (stg 2 needs HPFP) then i think the HT is a better option. The cobb stg1 maps were much more conservative.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 31-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mmm well after a small bit of reading I think the Cobb ap as I will be moding further down the track.
    So...... Who's seeking an ap lol
    Thanks for the help guys

Default New mods

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    I was thinking about the Cobb ap I thought lifting the restrictions would be noticeable more so and the I can tune my Sri yes?

I got the Cobb ap, aswsome mod, but after a few days I was getting a cel engine light P2188 which was fuel rich at idle. Check All hoses and tighten all brackets after day 3 I get the same cel, then my Mazda started sputtering at gear 1 and 2

So had to uninstall it for now and it stopped sputtering.

But the power you get from that AP mod
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

Oh that doesnt sound good. Was that coz of the map u were run on the ap?

Quote Originally Posted by SIRMPS View Post
    I got the Cobb ap, aswsome mod, but after a few days I was getting a cel engine light P2188 which was fuel rich at idle. Check All hoses and tighten all brackets after day 3 I get the same cel, then my Mazda started sputtering at gear 1 and 2

So had to uninstall it for now and it stopped sputtering.

But the power you get from that AP mod
    Are you sure you were running the correct map

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Default New mods

Make sure you download the correct map for your intake

And start a new thread lol. Don't hijack someone else's :-P

Not to continue to hijack this thread but I have had loads of dramas with that pesky code… P2188…

@SIRMPS I would almost guarantee that it is not the AP. For me it was a combination of hoses being kinked or having leaks and a dirty MAF sensor. It is a PITA but not too leathal. I have managed to rectify it every time with a bit of fiddling with the intake. If you wanted more specifics start a thread and I will go in to more detail.

@MPS86 I’ve got an AP and a CorkSport SRI & TIP and I t works a treat. The ots 98+SRI+TIP map with Launch control and Flat foot shifting really makes it move! Plus you can get it e-tuned if you want/need down the track. I would highly recommend the COBB AP. Well worth the spend. And it will grow with your mod list.

I ran the stage 1 K&N 98 map cause i had the K&N typhoon CAI installed. was running well and responsive for 2-3days then i get the CEL light for too rich at idle. I changed it to stage 1 98 same thing.

I was told by COBB support to check my intake for any leaks and vacuum hoses, i checked all of them and are no leaks that i was aware of. :S

But the AP is worth to get for monitoring your beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Are you sure you were running the correct map

Sure was, i even spoke to cobb tech guys to confirm it.

Might have to re-check again to make sure.

Get this stuff

and clean your MAF sensor. It worked wonders...!

there is a wright up on here somewhere... but basically you just bomb this and let it dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Get this stuff

and clean your MAF sensor. It worked wonders...!
    Have done that and also cleaned my air filter, thats what they guys at cobb told. but after day 2 or 3 P2188 comes back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast