User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New mods

Pita

Yeah i had to uninstall and re install my intake back to the turbo 3 times...

NOT COOL!

but it seems to have buggerd off for a while and im now runing my AP without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Not to continue to hijack this thread but I have had loads of dramas with that pesky code… P2188…

@SIRMPS I would almost guarantee that it is not the AP. For me it was a combination of hoses being kinked or having leaks and a dirty MAF sensor. It is a PITA but not too leathal. I have managed to rectify it every time with a bit of fiddling with the intake. If you wanted more specifics start a thread and I will go in to more detail.

@MPS86 I’ve got an AP and a CorkSport SRI & TIP and I t works a treat. The ots 98+SRI+TIP map with Launch control and Flat foot shifting really makes it move! Plus you can get it e-tuned if you want/need down the track. I would highly recommend the COBB AP. Well worth the spend. And it will grow with your mod list.
    @Pistol Pete
    I responded in your thread to discuss more about it http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/diagn...rich-idle.html
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

Hi mate,
    nice thread and it is right where I am at, by Friday I hope to have the Cobb AP, I have the corkSport SRI too. I have an MPS6 though so hope that works for me and the CEL issue is avoided. If this helps my goals are stage 2, I am going for stealthy look and an all round solid feel. Like you I have the SRI and am going for the AP, I just installed a Boost gage to help measure the boost pressure once the limits are off in 1st,2nd,3rd.

Next a TMIC for me, why? cos the look good not the most technical reason but its an easy install and it gives me the pleasure of the visual difference when I pop the hood. The next one from there is the DP and sway bars, the final mod is the HPFP which looks costly and a pain to install so Ill put that off to last.

It has already been said but having a way of tuning each step of the process appeals to me so the Cobb AP is for me, the option of tuning stock for my wife also appeals to me .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12