User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda6 performance and coupe models mooted, all-wheel drive under consideration too

Default Mazda6 performance and coupe models mooted, all-wheel drive under consideration too

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Japan, Mazda, Design/Style

AutoExpress reports Mazda is already looking at ways to give the company's 2014 Mazda6 a little more heat. The company isn't throwing out too many details at the moment beyond saying executives are looking at the possibility of creating a spiritual successor to the Mazdaspeed6. While speaking with the publication, Hiroshi Kajiyama, program manager for the Mazda6, admits a performance version has lots of potential, and that such a machine would be helpful for the brand. If a hotter four-door hits the market, it will likely be lighter than its common sibling with around 100 fewer pounds to lug around. It may also bow with a turbocharged version of the currently-available diesel mill.

Meanwhile, Autocar reports the new Mazda6 may spawn a two-door variant as well. Akira Tamatani, Mazda chief designer, said he would love to make such a vehicle, though no solid decision has been made one way or the other. What else does Mazda have planned for its newest model? Developers are sweating over the possible addition of an all-wheel drive system to help the machine better compete in foul-weather markets.Mazda6 performance and coupe models mooted, all-wheel drive under consideration too originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Doooooo iiitttttttttt!!

Default Re: Mazda6 performance and coupe models mooted, all-wheel drive under consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Doooooo iiitttttttttt!!
    +1
    would consider, as long as Mazda parts gets better

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'll have the MPS wagon thanks Mr Mazda. With AWD of course.

Also keen for a new mps, by the time they get around to it in a few years time I would be most keen.
    Imagine an awd mps wagon (drool). That is perfection for me

Now.... which part of my body do I want to sell first to get my hands on one

savings account will be opened soon as they say IT WILL HAPPEN

Believe this or not, my original passion for mazda's didn't come from my RX7 more so from my 1979 626 which was also available in a coupe (would still like one) If a 2 door AWD mps6 came out I might give the brand another chance.

Im in lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yes i want one and will buy one if it comes out in AWD, AWD FTW
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 30-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.

5 years of happy motoring and still can't come to parting with my MPS 6. This could be the replacement provided it comes with AWD and remains a manual!

Please!

I beg of you!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Believe this or not, my original passion for mazda's didn't come from my RX7 more so from my 1979 626 which was also available in a coupe (would still like one) If a 2 door AWD mps6 came out I might give the brand another chance.
    Like this!

Wagon would be good from a practical point of view, however I like the idea of a 2 door!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Put me down for a mps6 wagon Mr Mazda please, i've been good
    Cheers Todd

Thats the model. The one that sealed the deal was "Pat Axes" 626 coupe in a very old fast fours and rotaries mag.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Like this!

Wagon would be good from a practical point of view, however I like the idea of a 2 door!
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

I remember that one, yellow with white Simmons hey.
    Cheers Todd

13b bridge port, nice and tidy everywhere, under it was grey and yellow, just nice.

AWD coupe...HEELLOOOO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast