User Tag List

Thread: Ets tmic needs a little shine

Default Ets tmic needs a little shine

Hey guys

Just bought a second hand TMIC ETS anybody know any good cleaning fluids to shine her up shes as dirty as hell.

Any help greatly appreciated .........cheers oh its just plain aluminium colour

Default Ets tmic needs a little shine

Black spray paint!!!

Default Re: Ets tmic needs a little shine

I'd start with a good degreaser/all purpose cleaner to get rid of any grease/dirt/oils etc

Then a good metal polish like Autosol or Bowdens Own.

Then if you want to seal/protect it, a good high temp sealant like Finish Kare FK 1000p should do the trick. You can get this from ZAS. A tin will last a lifetime

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Damn your a man of many talents fiend when i fly home those products are in my garage thank you again mate much appreciated ........cheers
    Last edited by Aussie Mps3; 31-08-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Post up some before and after pics when you clean it up

Will do mate, im Home late next week so prolly next weekend

Autosol is brill for that... Dunno how the 3 is but with the 6 and aftermarket TMIC you get a mark left around the tmic shroud from the rubber bit on the hood. Going to just paint it black I think.

Avoid any form of caustic or acidic cleaning compounds, they can deteriorate the fine welds on the bar and plate core

Acids and caustics should always be avoided on any untreated/uncoated metals.

As a general rule

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Black spray paint!!!
    BLAAAAAAACK!!!! lol

lol i just wanna clean up the front scoop area and the plate that surrounds the TMIC which you can take off. I wont be going anywhere near the plate core hell no !!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

lol i just wanna clean up the front scoop area and the plate that surrounds the TMIC which you can take off. I wont be going anywhere near the plate core hell no !!!!!!

mines got that (ring mark) around the plate as it came off a 6, hopefully i can get rid of some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mps3 View Post
    mines got that (ring mark) around the plate as it came off a 6, hopefully i can get rid of some of it.
    Not too sure how you get that off, might need to polish the rest off to be shiny like the ring or spray it
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

yeah im not expecting miracles, but i should be able to remove some of it with a bit of elbow grease, i'll post pictures when i get it sorted. should come up well

OK finally got of my *** and cleaned up this TMIC came out a little better than i thought. I took Caffiene Fiends advice and used Autosol and here are the results. This was about a 1/2 hour total labour and now has a more of a smoked aluminium look as the ground in marks were not coming off no matter what. ANYWAY im happy with the results. The pictures really dont do any justice. Thanks again Caffienne you da man Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before polish.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	13040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After polish.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	13041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finished product.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	13042
    Last edited by Aussie Mps3; 19-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.

dohhh
    Last edited by Aussie Mps3; 19-11-2012 at 09:10 PM.

looks good!

ty ty

Looks great.

If you wanted to have a better go at those marks you could buy a wheel polishing kit and use that.

Meguiars and Mothers make them amongst others. Come as a kit with a drill-mounted polishing tool and some metal polish (the polish itself usually is not as good as Autosol though)

ZAS sell the Megs one. It's a kit with a funky looking yellow cone lol

That came up really well, I ended up just spraying mine matte black with engine enamel