User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

G'day
    I'm pretty keen on the corksport cbe from Mps garage now I do believe the American delivered ms3's had some differences in the catback part of the stock exhaust system and got away with the chamber style muffler we have on our Mps's over here. Now I was reading a few relevant posts and I saw that a few members on this forum had the corksport cbe fitted and had troubles with fitment with resonators rubbing on the underbody braces etc leading to cracked resonators and damaged piping and I was thinking that it was due to the corksport cbe being made for the American market. I'm just hesitant shipping a cbe from the states only for it not to fit right causing issues because if that's the case I might as well go custom. Any opinions welcome cheers.

Default Re: Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

I know the tip sticks out more, about 1-2 inches, simply cause of bumper design differences

Think @Nirvandan has a cs exhaust???

I noticed that looks kind of cool

Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

I've got a Cpe cat back (purchased from mpsg). The tips do stick out about an inch but otherwise it's a simple bolt on. Happy with the result. If you do purchase from mpsg, call them first to make sure they have the part in stock. Maybe even be worth going out there and seeing it for yourself.

corksport are sponsors, see if you can get a price from them direct

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

One thing that I usually suggest when going with a larger diameter exhaust such as our Power Series is getting upgraded Urethane Exhaust hangers. The stock rubber hangers can allow for the exhaust to move around and hit the underside of the car. With the stiffer hangers, it won't.

-Tyler

Thanks for the heads up Tyler. Do u have any cat backs in stock ATM? Mps garage have a few on order from the states but won't get here for 5 weeks :S

Quote Originally Posted by Trevnutz View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Tyler. Do u have any cat backs in stock ATM? Mps garage have a few on order from the states but won't get here for 5 weeks :S
    Then another 5 weeks for it to get to you...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

9. Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

Forget about MPS Garbage and get direct from supplier in the US. Heaps cheaper and simple install you can do yourself on ramps
    Last edited by MPSBOOST; 15-09-2012 at 05:23 PM.

MPS garage apparently test fit ALL their suppliers products to ensure suitability and compatibility with local vehicles, so if a US specced part isn't an exact fit on local vehicles (i.e tips sticking out due to bumper design differences) they will re-engineer the part to suit.......so they say

And proved wrong in the intercooler thread lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13673
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trevnutz View Post
    PM Sent

14. Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

Called MPS Garbage regarding the cp-e downpipe and spoke to Aaron, who I believe is the boss there. He spun me the sales pitch that they change the cat converter to an Oz spec to meet our emissions. Turns out that the downpipes are sold as they are bought from cp-e with the US spec cat!! (apparently the US emissions are higher than OZ)
    Why state that they change the cats when they actually don't???
    So contact the USA supplier, and buy direct from them at a cheaper price!

I appreciate that some of the guys on this forum have had various experiences with MPSGarage, however I have had all my mods done by Aaron and find him to be a knowleageble guy and not had any problems dealing with him. Instead of continually knocking this company. if you are not happy go somewhere else!

16. Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

I appreciate your love for MPS Garbage Alan and yeah, they do ok work, but when they fit a downpipe to your car, keep the bits they took off the standard exhaust, don't return my emails or calls to get them back, you tend to be alittle annoyed with them. And yes, I have taken my car and business elsewhere, they are not the only company to work on MPS's!!!
    Last edited by MPSBOOST; 15-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.

17. Default Difference with ms3 exhaust compared to Mps exhaust

And don't get me started with their prices!!!

It's a shame you don't live in Brisbane.
    I'd show your MPS all the love it needs.
    Your wallet wouldn't be happy afterwards, but your bum dyno sure would tell you to forget your 1st world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    I appreciate that some of the guys on this forum have had various experiences with MPSGarage, however I have had all my mods done by Aaron and find him to be a knowleageble guy and not had any problems dealing with him. Instead of continually knocking this company. if you are not happy go somewhere else!
    Didn't your car throw a rod while they were tuning it on their dyno, hence your forged internals
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

This is something that cant be proved one way or another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast