User Tag List

Thread: Roof spoiler , front lip, ?

1. Default Roof spoiler , front lip, ?

Hi

anyone know where i can buy the roof spoiler , front lip ?

Can't imagine why you would want either

I'd definitely go the BBS (look a like?) rims first!

3. Default

Proof spoiler only seems to be for GenII. Lots of good stuff on US eBay that will ship here
    Rear Roof Spoiler for Mazda Mazda6 2nd Roof Spoiler 2010+ | eBay

Lip might be hard to get in that brand. From Germany by the look of it and they don't ship here
    FRONT SPLITTER MAZDA 6 MK1 (for standard bumper) - 6 mk1 - MAZDA - BODY KITS - Euro Tunning Shop - sklep ONLINE

S/Crow - I agree - it's called a roof-spoiler because it spoils the roof-line.

The 6 has a lovely roof-line finished off by the semi-Kamm tail and vestigial boot spoiler. Perfect. Why mess with it? Each to his own, I guess.

It might keep the sun off your back parcel-shelf if the sun was dead ahead and no higher than about 20 degrees above the horizon, but that's about all it would be good for.

Roof Spoilers FTW!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120903_113422.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	12188

Chris

boys! lets not jump to any conclusions to quickly!
    roof spoilers can look hawt if done correctly!
    Exhibit A:

Last edited by Rayd; 04-09-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Default Roof spoiler , front lip, ?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Exhibit A:

I don't get it

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

whats not to get, its a pic of a mazdaspeed 6 with a roof spoiler?

You could try something like I have stuck on my spoiler, it is made from a soft flexible plastic (very similar to the door strips), and is held in place with some 3M double sided tape. It was around $60 painted and delivered to my door.

bought it here,

Painted Mazda 3 2004 2009 hatchback BOOT LIP SPOILER | eBay
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I'm not saying roof spoliers are no good. I'm maintaining only that - in my opinion - the smooth clean lines of the MPS6 are not enhanced by them.

I see far too many people bolting everything possible onto their cars just because it is available and is seen as a "performance" add-on. Some lack any true functional value and may even create drag or some other disadvantage. The result in some cases is a design hotch-potch that folks need to be wary of. But as noted before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

While I would not use one on my MPS6, I would opt for one on my Landcruiser to fill the vacuum at the rear that sucks dust, road film, grime and mud onto the rear window. i.e. a functional use.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 03-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I like that lip dougie

his car, let him do what he wants. plus the picture below shows it can work

I've added a lip to the mps 3 spoiler and I think it makes the car look totally different and unique

Exhibit A:

thats nice

Default Roof spoiler , front lip, ?

whats not to get, its a pic of a mazdaspeed 6 with a roof spoiler?
    My stupid phone/tapatalk is playing tricks, it attached this photo of an engine bay to your post. I only saw the car with roof spoiler when I logged on via explorer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346677110.489485.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	12199

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

15. Default

I also see engine bay?

oook no idea whats happening but i have reuploaded it, hopefully theres no double images happening now

here it is again:

oook no idea whats happening but i have reuploaded it, hopefully theres no double images happening now

here it is again:

I don't mind that one, that's more like a sun visor or something. The original looks like the kind of home made, crappy steel aero spoiler I'd expect to find on the back of a VL commodore.. Although I suppose that would be quite useful to deflect all manner of bugs and other debris up into the windshield of any tailgating trucks

The other factor to be considered, which has not been mentioned here is noise. Any thing that get in the way of the vehicles slipstream will induce more noise... Though this can be compensated for by a good stereo