User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exhaust grumble

Default exhaust grumble

Hi guys! My mate just bought a Vw Golf R32 on the weekend, its had some exhaust work done to it and it sounds great. What realy caught my attention was the Grumble that came out the back on de-acceleration. Does anyone think its possible to get that grumble coming out of a MPS3?? (I know that im trying to compare a V6 to a 4cyl but i want something similar, ive noticed at times i get a slight grumble but not on every rev like the R32)

heres something similar to what it sounded like
    VW Golf R32 Milltek non-resonated exhaust sound clip - YouTube

cheers for your help guys

Default exhaust grumble

Do a downpipe plus resonator delete

Here you go:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2HnDksTdJY

Skip to about 1:50 ish

N/A engines > turbo for engine noise... cant get the same sound out of a turboed engine...
    a decent exhaust tho...
    CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Turbo Back Exhaust - YouTube

Thabks for the replys guys. Ive also noticed that the xr5 foes sonthing similar

Ford Focus XR5 Turbo/ST De-Res Exhaust - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    N/A engines > turbo for engine noise... cant get the same sound out of a turboed engine...
    CANNOT agree with you more

My DC2 Integra was an animal to drive and could be heard easily before it was seen.
    B18C + 4-1 Racing headers + 2.5" Catless Exhaust + Mugen Twin Loop Muffler + 8500RPM + VTEC

It was the most insane thing to hear, even V8 boys couldn't resist giving me a thumbs up... which is a hard thing to get in a Honda.

And Being a Honda it was quiet (as quiet as a car with no cats, resonator and 1 muffler can be) at low RPM because of the Lower VTEC Lobe.
    Ahhh, I miss tunnel runs in the mighty DC2...

Out of the exhaust sounds I've listened to over the past few weeks, I like this one - COBB Cat-Back - COBB Tuning 2nd Gen MAZDASPEED3 Cat-Back Exhaust Sound Check - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Out of the exhaust sounds I've listened to over the past few weeks, I like this one - COBB Cat-Back - COBB Tuning 2nd Gen MAZDASPEED3 Cat-Back Exhaust Sound Check - YouTube
    The Launch Control isn't to bad either. Its one of the nicer exhaust sounds for a MPS.

I still like the Corksports 80mm Catback, it sounnds perfect. With the Race-Pipe addition it adds a nice little turbo whistle

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    CANNOT agree with you more

My DC2 Integra was an animal to drive and could be heard easily before it was seen.
    B18C + 4-1 Racing headers + 2.5" Catless Exhaust + Mugen Twin Loop Muffler + 8500RPM + VTEC

It was the most insane thing to hear, even V8 boys couldn't resist giving me a thumbs up... which is a hard thing to get in a Honda.

And Being a Honda it was quiet (as quiet as a car with no cats, resonator and 1 muffler can be) at low RPM because of the Lower VTEC Lobe.
    Ahhh, I miss tunnel runs in the mighty DC2...
    VTEC just sounds like a VuVuZella...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Default exhaust grumble

Sam mentioned in the past MPS's have unequal length exhaust headers, means we already have a decent burble.

This is my car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_0a...e_gdata_player
    @MPSPWR and mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHr2c...e_gdata_player

Does that help?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

VTEC just sounds like a VuVuZella...
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

haha, but in all seriousness VTEC is a sexy sound, especially with a CAI... and a Vtec Equiped Honda sounds even better with a set of KILLER-CAMS

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

haha, but in all seriousness VTEC is a sexy sound, especially with a CAI... and a Vtec Equiped Honda sounds even better with a set of KILLER-CAMS
    VTEC:

vuvuzella:
    Vuvuzela - YouTube

3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Default exhaust grumble

VTEC:

vuvuzella:
    Vuvuzela - YouTube

I closed my eyes for a second and couldn't tell the difference!!! Hahaha. Awesome

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Default exhaust grumble

I'm with Peter, if the Vuvuzela could change pitch to rev like an engine, it would be spot on

Default Re: exhaust grumble

hahahahah Sam! @Yeldarb - that sounds AWESOME!!!
    I want!!

I got a corksport on my gen with a race pipe and the centre res of it removed if i ever get around to it i'll take a video and post it up lol

Cheers bakis. So have we come to a conclusion of how to get that grumble that the xr5 gets?? It it exhaust, cams (are the mps standard cams lumpy? , is there much valve overlap??) The tune of the xr5 computer?? Like i said i get it every now n then but i want to hear it more often! Lol

Default Re: exhaust grumble

Quote Originally Posted by 08 mazda3 mps View Post
    Cheers bakis. So have we come to a conclusion of how to get that grumble that the xr5 gets?? It it exhaust, cams (are the mps standard cams lumpy? , is there much valve overlap??) The tune of the xr5 computer?? Like i said i get it every now n then but i want to hear it more often! Lol
    Buy a XR5... it's due to having 5 cylinders...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default exhaust grumble

I think @Bakis is on the money. Or go all out, race pipe, res delete, straight through muffler and DP. Will give you grumbles, pops, splutters and maybe the od backfire, but will sound like a race car on WOT. Just hard to live with day to day.

Or just go but a XR5. Been to their forum yet?

XR5's sound so much better for that lumpy and v8 style exhaust habits due to the 5 cylinders, the MPS has a unique noise which is hard to put your finger on...

The Corksport isn't loud in the car only when above like 2.5rpm and let it run down in the rev's, so when cruising its fine. It's actually less noisy then the Stock system with the Centre Muffler removed and race pipe.

At WOT it apparently about 106db :S, and thats with a stock K04 and stock top half of dp.

To get a nice backfire/pop on gear changes you could get a Blow of Valve and have on vent to atmo.

Someone with a stock Cat Back and a Aftermarket Downpipe might give there views on there exhaust note, there are alot more of them then the way i've done things.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Hmm.. Mine pops and crackles on downshift 2nd to 1st or there abouts, if i hold the clutch half in it will continue crackling until i put it all the way in, sounds pretty cool. It is pretty loud on WOT after DP though, you can feel the vibrations all through the car once you put the foot down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast