User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhaust grumble

I got a Video coming soon lol its taking a while to upload and i got work at 3 hopefully its done in time lol

Link Here:

Mazda 3 MPS GEN 1 Corksport Exhaust - YouTube

Not the full beans but gives you an idea... And yes i know some is condensation and some is Turbo smoke lol

Always liked how the CS exhaust "scales". Ie not loud and obnoxious at idle but get progressively more angry as the revs come up.

Cmon guys! xr5's sound nice but id prefer not to have the mechanical hassels of owning a ford lol. Thanks for all your help tho guys! much appreciated

Default Re: exhaust grumble

Quote Originally Posted by 08 mazda3 mps View Post
    Cmon guys! xr5's sound nice but id prefer not to have the mechanical hassels of owning a ford lol. Thanks for all your help tho guys! much appreciated
    Unfortunately you're after a 5-pot sound from a 4-pot engine... attempting to make a mps sound like something it's not just isn't going to happen... more so something as distinctive as the engine note...

Pre-engine noise can be changed with turbo/intake changes, but there is only so much you can do post engine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

i see what your saying SarcasticOne, but sureley theres an explanation for this splutter

Default exhaust grumble

Dude, go sick on YouTube and find the sound you like. Then go buy that system. If its custom, ask the owner.

Pretty simple.

If you go a custom system, I'm certain you will love it. The elements of the exhaust can be changed as you go.

As Sam has so patiently pointed out. 2 very different engines.

Perhaps post up more sounds from YouTube. Better yet, go to a performance exhaust shop and ask them about splutter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12