User Tag List

Thread: Would i need to upgrade my fuel pump to a HPFP with these MODS?

Default Would i need to upgrade my fuel pump to a HPFP with these MODS?

Hey Guys,

Just after some info in regards to a HPFP?

Currently have a 08 Mazda 3 MPS with a K&N typhoon intake installed, and I'm about to install a COBB turbo inlet pipe and also thinking of getting a corksport TMIC.

Would the factory Fuel pump be fine with these mods, just want to be safe and not put pressure on the fuel system?

Cheers

2. Default

simple answer is to log your fuel pressure and ensure that it doesn't drop below 1600psi at WOT. If it does then it may be time for an upgraded HPFP

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    simple answer is to log your fuel pressure and ensure that it doesn't drop below 1600psi at WOT. If it does then it may be time for an upgraded HPFP
    Hey allo80,

i have been monitoring it, at WOT im getting ~11000kPA+ which is about ~1600PSI+.

Will keep an eye on it after the MODS.

Would you know what is the approx PSI around idle it should be?
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

Default Re: Would i need to upgrade my fuel pump to a HPFP with these MODS?

Around 400psi at idle

Requirements for mods found here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=208213

Thanks mate, that is useful information.

Will keep an eye on it.

Guys will need to look at getting one once i modify the exhaust.

You will be fine with those mods, though as others have said.. log just to make sure.

Had same mods pretty much without the HPFP, car was fine doesn't hurt to monitor though

Default Would i need to upgrade my fuel pump to a HPFP with these MODS?

Ey guys lots of discussions going on with fuel pressure upgrade fp... I've got a dash hawk and would like to log and make sure all is good.. What should I set up the dh to log? Also re afr I've noticed it go down on wot to 11.3:1 should I be worried?

Default Re: Would i need to upgrade my fuel pump to a HPFP with these MODS?

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    Ey guys lots of discussions going on with fuel pressure upgrade fp... I've got a dash hawk and would like to log and make sure all is good.. What should I set up the dh to log? Also re afr I've noticed it go down on wot to 11.3:1 should I be worried?
    Belay that order! Edit - Fuel Press Direct is the one. If you need futher help create a new thread in the diagnose my log section.
    It should be in KPA

In other news, look how much my pressure has degraded since back then..
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199

sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 29-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I would imagine you would be fine w/ your setup. Usually we'll see safe fuel pressure up until you open the downpipe. Unless you're running a turbo back exhaust and are doing high gear pulls under heavy load for long runs, you should be fine.

Again, better to be safe and log FP.

-Tyler

Stickied

Sorry to Hijack here, I'm running a 2008 3 MPS with accesport. Looking to add the corksport stage 2 sri shortly, but have been reviewing my fuel pressures. They seem mostly all good between 1600-1700 psi for WOT runs, with the minimum value over all WOT logs at 1595psi for one or two increments in the log. Just wondering if the intake is going to max out my fuel pump, or is it only a drama if the fuel pressure takes a dramatic dive at WOT?

Quote Originally Posted by CHMPS View Post
    Sorry to Hijack here, I'm running a 2008 3 MPS with accesport. Looking to add the corksport stage 2 sri shortly, but have been reviewing my fuel pressures. They seem mostly all good between 1600-1700 psi for WOT runs, with the minimum value over all WOT logs at 1595psi for one or two increments in the log. Just wondering if the intake is going to max out my fuel pump, or is it only a drama if the fuel pressure takes a dramatic dive at WOT?
    I'd say you're in danger of maxing out the stock pump already if you're already touching 1595psi
    It's only really at WOT or high throttle does fuel pressure matter
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'd say you're in danger of maxing out the stock pump already if you're already touching 1595psi
    It's only really at WOT or high throttle does fuel pressure matter
    NO WOT log should see under 1700psi or pump upgrade required
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Righto cheers, yes minimum at WOT was 1595. Had all but bought the intake but transaction didn't go through with browser error! Hmmm bit of a dilemma then, only one mod in and i'm maxing out!

Yes sometimes that's all it takes is 1 mod to max out the FP sometime it can be 4 mods.Im at 4 mods and FP is solid, I have just bought a HPFP just in case.

My car is totally stock and I maxed the pump out with just a tune, I would say that it should have been your first mod...........

t
    My car is totally stock and I maxed the pump out with just a tune, I would say that it should have been your first mod...........
    Looks like I have also maxed out the fuel pump with just a tune. HPFP before AP?! There's no fun in that! Will look into internals/new pump, or the worst option just leave as is.
    Last edited by CHMPS; 09-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.