User Tag List

Thread: Mazda3 SP25 HELP PLEASE!!!

1. Default Mazda3 SP25 HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get some help from different mazda forums and no one seems to reply, so i thought i try my luck here.
    I own a 2011 Mazda 3 SP25, im looking at purchasing aftermarket rims for my car.
    The stock wheels are 17" x 7" +52.5
    I'm looking at buying 18" "WORK" rims and the thing that is worrying me is the width and the offset.
    The rims i want to purchase only comes in widths of 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5"
    I know 7.5" will not stick out of the guards, so im trying to go for an aggressive look with the 8.5", from research i know 8" fits well but thats not an option with the rims im interested in.
    I have heard people say that if i get the right offset it will be fine, but im not all that familiar with the offsets. The rims im interested in comes with these offsets: +30, +38, +47
    I wan to know would 18" x 8.5" will go well with the car and what offset i should get?

Thanks for reading and hope i can get some valuable advise from this forum.
    cheers Tim.

Default Mazda3 SP25 HELP PLEASE!!!

Welcome firstly .

Did you have a search of our forum? We have thread dedicated to just this topic.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13162

Or What about this:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13855

What about google? http://www.willtheyfit.com/
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 28-08-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Use a wheel offset calculator. the +47 ones will be the "best" fit, but not the most flush look. I would definitely rule out the +30 ones tho, they would rub for sure.

You really need to talk to other people who have the same car, we can talk all day about fitment for the MPS but I dont know much about the SP25, it might even have identical guards for all we know so the fitment might be the same......

If the SP25 is like the SP23 compared to the MPS the guards will be narrower, so what will fit on a MPS may be a bit wide for a SP25.
    As reedy said, +47 will be ideal in every way except if your after some "phully sik hellaflush stanced" look.
    +38 will give the look so many are after for whatever reason. It can be made to work. But because of the guards (maybe) this could be harder on the SP25.
    +30 forget about it.

From my experience dealing with Work wheels australia, you are probably best talking direct with them.
    My father has a VW Golf R with work wheels. He wanted to keep the correct offset (or close to) after much discussion with them and many measurements it was concluded that some wheels would fit, others wouldn't (spokes will hit on the brakes). Work Australia put in a lot of time to make sure everything would fit correctly. Then a set of wheels were made to the offset, stud pattern and colour he wanted.
    They weren't cheap, but not stupidly expensive either. Worth the extra because of their customer service

5. Default

Thank you guys for all ur advise and tips i will definitely speak to the people from WORKS =]]
    You guys were great help!!! Cause in other Mazda forums, i got no replies whatsoever!!!
    There are still nice people around these days^^
    Thanks again^^

Default Mazda3 SP25 HELP PLEASE!!!

Make sure you come back with some pics of your choices. Good luck!!

7. Default

just ordered 18"x 8.5" +38 *fingers crossed* hoping for the best!!!
    Will definitely post up picks when i get them^^

Cool, good luck!