User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATR Tuning, anyone had a crack

Default ATR Tuning, anyone had a crack

I've studied Abilor's tuning guide and I think I have pretty good understanding on how to do some boost tuning. Anybody given it a go yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: ATR Tuning, anyone had a crack

Nobody?

im keen to, but don't wanna risk it!
    im getting a pro etune instead :P

how bout you give it a crack and let us know how it goes!

the only thing ive done with ATR is play around with the wastegate duty cycles on the OTS maps as my car was making to much boost.
    I dont know enough about the rest to start playing at this stage

Im looking foward to having a play soon, learning and enjoying the experience while making small progressive changes No teacher like experience I guess!

When I first switched from the Hypertech to the AP I noticed the boost levels rather low at lower rpms compared to the Hypertech, so I decided to read the extensive help available that came with the ATR software.

I posted a thread on the cobb forums in this regard (without mentioning the Hypertech) and Braden said small adjustments could be made to the boost levels target tables to increase responsiveness at lower throttle positions.

So, I've adjusted my OTS map accordingly, taking a common sense approach, ie without going stupid. I wanted the same smooth increase in boost as the OTS map but a little more down low (but not too much).

The interpolation feature (in both axis) makes adjusting figures so much easier and real-time visual feedback via the graphs ensures things look right.

ATR is quite powerful and there is a LOT of reading/understanding still to be done.

Here is an example of what I mean - Boost Target Table - OTS map on left, changes on right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boostchanges.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	12187

Like anything with ATR - common sense prevails. Read the help (and ask COBB), make small adjustments, log everything, re-adjust.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    I've studied Abilor's tuning guide and I think I have pretty good understanding on how to do some boost tuning. Anybody given it a go yet?

PS. thanks for the head's up on Abilor's guide - more late nights up reading guides
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

I Have had a play with ATR, so far I have adjusted my Knock tables to give me more safety across the Full RPM range, Ive done my MAF calibration and my WOT Maf calibration, on my stage 1 map I increased my target HPFP pressure to accomodate my Autotech internals, on the stage two tune this is already done so no need to change, Ive enabled LC & FFS, disabled CELs for EGR blockoff, adjusted down my exit delays,adjusted DBW throttle, adjusted timing. its been fun, playing around with ATR.

When it comes to playing around with ATR for me I just make one adjustment at a time and log to note the differences, have learned a lot from this though still have a lot more to learn.

Once I have got a FMIC on I will still be getting pro tuned as there is so much to learn and the guys in the USA / Canada have a lot of knowledge in tuning this platform.

Cheers
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Im gonna start my tweaking after i fit my DP which should arrive in the next few days

As jnt said i think making small adjustments then logging is the way to go. OTS maps are a good base but i think if your spending the coin on mods an e-tune or using ATR yourself is a must do or your not making the most out of everything.

What DP did you get if you don't mind me asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    What DP did you get if you don't mind me asking ?
    cp-e. Looking forward to going stage 2

Also the only thing I have attempted is MAP calibration and MAF calibration for the 3.25" intake
    And even then I'm not really sure O_o

Dammit I gotta wait till next week for a day off to fit this.

I want to do the DP and cat-back at the same time, but the costs + gst + shipping is so damn expensive.

And then being a mechanical noob I need a mechanic to fit the stuff.

Hell yeah I've spent over 5g in the last 6 months and still only have the basics.

I'm trying not to think about what I've spent already and take it one mod at a time

Is it possible to go full vta with atr?

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post

I really want to know this aswell !

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post