User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS3 exhaust

1. Default MS3 exhaust

greetings..

okay, here goes nothing..
    i had install a single muffler to the ms3 2011..a couple of other ms3 owner doesn't agree to what i just did. so the question is, did i just ruined the exhaust system? so far, from my driving experience the car goes just well and zoom much faster after the installation. its a custom 3'' piping after the downpipe with a custom muffler. straight flow. i just had to know if what I've done is wrong.

Got any pictures?

3. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1345188555406.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	12119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG192.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	12120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG193.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	12121

if what i've done is wrong please let me know..

who cares what people think its your car build it how you like it, i went single exit CBE and lost 10kg in weight and it has a good sound i like it better then the dual

5. Default

thanks for the positive reply, but just to ensure that i what i've done did not harm the engine or exhaust flow..that's all..

no not at all if anything you have free'd it up a little

7. Default

err..what do you mean by free'd it up a little ? in which part ?

Default MS3 exhaust

Wow, that's the first time ive seen this. Awesome! The previous MPS had a single outlet, so there is absolutely no reason why this would be a problem. As mention above, you've probably saved some weight and definitely free'd up the exhaust flow. Nice work!

Looks great! Top job man..haters gonna be haters..that is all.

10. Default

yeah man..thanks..but haven't done any dyno to prove that i gained any power from this mod..but maybe later on when i got some cash i will go the intake and ecutek with dyno too.. anyway,thanks with all the positive replies..yeah and 1 more thing, could anyone give me an idea how to cover up the other part of the empty exhaust?
    Last edited by SNAKEVIRUS; 26-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Looks Great bud dont listen to anyone else but us ok .. Have you removed your 2nd cat? That system wont net you much HP gain until you do your Dump/Down Pipe.. Whenif you do it..... members have found it to be loud with a 3' piping, might want to think about putting a Resinator in.. I love it im not a fan of cannons but it does look good
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Anyone that claims to have made any significant performance gains with just an exhaust are kidding themselves anyway, so again i wouldn't be to concerned here. I've upgraded mine to get a nicer note, anything beyond that is cream. You should post a vid to give us a listen

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Anyone that claims to have made any significant performance gains with just an exhaust are kidding themselves anyway, so again i wouldn't be to concerned here. I've upgraded mine to get a nicer note, anything beyond that is cream. You should post a vid to give us a listen
    2nd the listen

Default Re: MS3 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Not quite... once you start pushing 230+kw stock system starts becoming a restriction

And guessing op got hate from MSF so guessing he came here

Not to my tastes, but each their own

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

15. Default

actually only a few that disagreed with my mods in my country, and now i just want a worldwide ms3 owner opinion. that's the main reason i drop in here. regardless any comments i received, i will take it positively. but as i said, from my own driving experience it does go smooth by the way. no problem so far. but when i'm in speeding mode, the sound will most likely bleed my ears off. inside the car its too loud, outside im not sure. will try to post a video soon.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Looks Great bud dont listen to anyone else but us ok .. Have you removed your 2nd cat? That system wont net you much HP gain until you do your Dump/Down Pipe.. Whenif you do it..... members have found it to be loud with a 3' piping, might want to think about putting a Resinator in.. I love it im not a fan of cannons but it does look good
    yeah i did removed it and replaced it with a resonator.
    Last edited by SNAKEVIRUS; 26-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEVIRUS View Post
    yeah i did removed it and replaced it with a resonator.
    That would have given you a half decent gain

18. Default

yeah.. actually, does reducing it to single flow rather than twin would cost any damage in a long term?

None

Default MS3 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEVIRUS View Post
    yeah.. actually, does reducing it to single flow rather than twin would cost any damage in a long term?
    Nope

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast