User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

Default Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

Only problem I've heard about the awrs is the side mount raises the engine over stock, it's well documented and may flex the sub frame... Not sure what long term effects if any it would have.

it squashes a bit out the rear but all it need's is a large washer too hold it secure i had one spare laying around any harder and it starts to feel quite solid

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Only problem I've heard about the awrs is the side mount raises the engine over stock, it's well documented and may flex the sub frame... Not sure what long term effects if any it would have.
    which side?? cause my drivers side of the engine sits level now instead of slightly risin as it is stock and the trans side stayed in the same position, and i very much doubt it would harm the subframe in anyway at all
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

is the drivers side meant to be raised a little due to levelling once a person sits inside?

Depends if the driver sits on the engine

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    is the drivers side meant to be raised a little due to levelling once a person sits inside?
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    you'd have to be 150kg to sink the car on its shocks that much to level the engine
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

hey some of us may well weigh that much!! lol

its on a slant so that when you clean your engine/go thru a big puddle the water (fast), the run off can escape the coil pack area thru the small hole on the end of the rocker cover instead of pooling and >> possibly << going into the engine via the coil pack hole's, also get's rid of rain that is blasted thru the intercooler ducting at speed and onto the top of the motor
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 04-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123