User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

OK guys response from Cullen, updated first post.
    Last edited by dazza; 28-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.

This sort of relates to this Thread but on the issue of the design of the difference between the JBR Mounts and the very similar CPE & Sure mounts seeing the bolts run in a different angle would it be safer to say that the 70a JBR mounts will still nvh less then the 60a Sure/CP-E ones?

I'm looking into what @rayd said in this thread on the first page about the stock OEM bolts being upright, is this the same to the JBR ones, if so has JBR only re-done the architecture on the mounts and added stiffer rubbers?

Also is my assumption that the mounts from the 6 to the 3 are very similar in design correct?

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

My pre order is in, let me know how it goes. How do plan on doing the shipping arrangements if we are all over place?

i love how because its sure everyone jumps on hahaha brand wagon jumpers haha

and at $375 a pair is a bit of a rip off AWR's units are stronger, cheaper and from the looks of it lighter and you get the whole 3 engine mounts instead of just the sides ones

Biased opinion or have you broken these engine mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    and at $375 a pair is a bit of a rip off AWR's units are stronger, cheaper and from the looks of it lighter and you get the whole 3 engine mounts instead of just the sides ones
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

you tell by design, they're a multi piece aluminium design that bolts together which is good for vibes as it allows more movement and flex hence less vibes but will limit the amount of power to the ground, also due to aluminium's strength characteristics this causes them to be a bigger unit also bolt hole's = weak points esp when we are talking aluminum, when comparing these to AWR's units which are made from steel, are a single piece design which allows no flex at all (only the bushing flexes) has more vibes yes but all the power goes to the ground and next to no chance of breakage.

any engineer will tell you this
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 29-08-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

also $375 for 2 mounts or awr's $337 for 3 mounts seems to me that you get more bang for your buck with awr

but dont get me wrong i like sure's products because they all look so pretty and if i was building a car just to look good thats who i would use, but i want power and strength and other companies offer stronger alternatives for cheaper sooo....
    also this is just my observation and i think that $300 would of been a better price for the 2 mounts thats all, when you consider the amount that will be ordered and the cost of cnc lathing these days $375 is a bit much

Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Didn't really answer the question.
    Utimatly there are alot of weak points of the stock mounts being pressed rubbish and apart from the shit insulating material Im still to hear that some one has cracked a mount,bolt, weld, mounting location, casting and so on with oem mounts. Given the amount of harsh thumps and movements from shit oem mounts its pretty fair to say its amazing that we dont hear of that.
    To be realistic the REM bolts into flimsy tin eyes, the drivers side bolts through your timing cover (gotta be some torsional forces there) which leaves us with the only half decent mount on the gearbox.
    My concerns with getting these engine mounts is not them breaking but what will break instead.
    If you didn't break a SURE or use a SURE mount how can you fairly compair them?
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

i have bent the aluminum housing on a oem rem, blown a cp-e one to blown 3 stock trans mounts and 2 drivers side ones, the drivers mount bolts via the 2 bolt in to the front cover but the front cover has 3 bolts that go straight into the head that support the front cover mount position so really it connects to the head and the reason why no one has bent/broken weld's on a stock trans and drivers mount is because they are made out of steel, make them out of aluminum and see how they go

You better get an auto.

theres a lot of force dealt by our mounts esp the 6 you have to remember there's almost 500kg of motor trans and transfer + the torque force i just wouldn't put aluminum in there, on the wish bone it doesnt really matter as it only deals with push or pull, no sideways or twisting force is acted on it but on the drivers and trans mounts a huge amount of sideways/twisting forces acted on them esp on take off/gear change

got the awr's now and no probs yet the car and engine rock was actually pissing me off so much i was almost going to sell it, got the mount kit from them and its like a completely different car now its back to scaring the crap out of me again as the power is actually getting to the ground

Default Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

I have actually snapped the OEM rear diff mount, and broke the driver side mount.

My new rear diff mount is the SURE one, can say it's pretty good!
    And my new driver side mount is the AWR mount I can definitely say it isn't breaking any time soon!
    But I am also curious to hear how the sure ones compare

My drivers mount has been shit since the car was new but its still in there. The rear diff moved enough to dent the floor but oem mounts are gone now. REM is ok but not fitted and the gearbox mount is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    I have actually snapped the OEM rear diff mount, and broke the driver side mount.

My new rear diff mount is the SURE one, can say it's pretty good!
    And my new driver side mount is the AWR mount I can definitely say it isn't breaking any time soon!
    But I am also curious to hear how the sure ones compare

only way to find out is to buy one i suppose, but i do think that for the street the sure ones would be great as the design allow's flex, i would also like to know how they go with hard launches.
    anyway you could always support them with the turbine tech front engine mount if they needed it << this is the final piece of my mount setup that i have to get after it my motor wont be going anywhere haha i win engine rock

@Axspeed6 what duro did u get with the AWR?

@Jimbo 70 duro as i thought 80 or 90 duro would be way to hard for everyday street driving

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    @Jimbo 70 duro as i thought 80 or 90 duro would be way to hard for everyday street driving
    Thanks man. They suggest 70 as too soft for trans mount have u had any issues?
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast