User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COBB Tuning SF Short Ram Intake System - my first mod ever!

Default Re: COBB Tuning SF Short Ram Intake System - my first mod ever!

Do you have a tune? If not try disconnecting the battery. Hold brake for 5r seconds and then reconnect it.. Start the car and idle for 5 mins and take it for a spin.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

filter hasnt been changed, ill have a mate check the clamps to make sure everything is secure. ill also try disconnect the battery.

thanks for the help guys!

Clean MAF, check all hose clamps and put on t-bolt clamps if you havent already. Particularly check the one at the turbo (from TIP) its known to become loose as it heats and cools in that area.
    Could be heatsoaking lately as the weather becomes warmer? Also check around that its not rubbing on the battery tray or anything like that
    Last edited by dazza; 11-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.

how to clean the maf?

Quote Originally Posted by hanzyo View Post
    how to clean the maf?
    Unscrew it on top of SRI, pull it out and spray some contact cleaner or mass air flow cleaner (get it from repco etc) up into it on the sensor (looks like a bulb), do not touch with a rag

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maf_cleaner.gif 
Views:	190 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	13283
    Last edited by dazza; 11-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

sweet thanks dude, ill try that also!

Quote Originally Posted by hanzyo View Post
    sweet thanks dude, ill try that also!
    And by dont touch it with a rag dazza means, dont touch it with a anything!!!

Dont make contact with the bulb (element) at all - with anything. And dont drop it!

Ive used electrical contact cleaner in the past, spray liberally for 5 sec or so.. not too long.
    It should dry in 30 seconds or so by itself - once it looks dry put it in and leave it for 10 or so minutes to be sure.. then plug it in - start the car and let it idle for 5-10 mins before going for a drive.. just to make sure its not going to spit the dummy.

Also - the usual suspect ive found is the hose from turbo to intercooler (behind motor).
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I take no responsibility for car spontaneously combusting from cleaning maf sensor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12