User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it worth to buy lowering springs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    That sounds to me like you experienced the improvement from dodgy cut springs to proper lowered springs, rather than a proper stock vs lowered spring comparison.
    On a smooth road yeah, bump or movement in the road no ****ing way will it be better. Theres a reason why as soon as i lowered my mps's i got shocks and camber adjusters the moment i got springs!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default Re: is it worth to buy lowering springs ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    On a smooth road yeah, bump or movement in the road no ****ing way will it be better. Theres a reason why as soon as i lowered my mps's i got shocks and camber adjusters the moment i got springs!
    Again, not if you chose the springs to suit stock shocks. The eibach are fine. They are progressive rate springs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Again, not if you chose the springs to suit stock shocks. The eibach are fine. They are progressive rate springs.

They say they work! I have been in Justin Gen2 he has Eibachs on stock shocks and it bounces.. The shock doesnt control the spring propery....

If you get lowering springs get shocks and camber adjusters 'The End'

The original question should really be is it worth buying shock?
    Yes.
    Is it worth buying lowered springs?
    If you want, up to you

When i asked MRT to wheel align my old gen1 MPS they asked if i have camber adjusters..YES

When i asked TH to wheel align my Gen2 MPS they asked if i have camber adjusters..YES

They responded with very good....

More to lowering a car than just throwing springs in..... If you want it to look lower go for it but it wont help with the handling (better with sway bars and shocks before lowering it)

They say they work! I have been in Justin Gen2 he has Eibachs on stock shocks and it bounces.. The shock doesnt control the spring propery....

If you get lowering springs get shocks and camber adjusters 'The End'
    Mine is fine. Are they the pro kit or sport line?

The point is, do your research..

Saying shocks are required is incorrect. Saying shocks are required 90 percent of the time is more accurate.

You need to ask if the springs you have chosen are appropriate for stock shocks, if not then you should replace the whole lot.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mine is fine. Are they the pro kit or sport line?

The point is, do your research..

Saying shocks are required is incorrect. Saying shocks are required 90 percent of the time is more accurate.

You need to ask if the springs you have chosen are appropriate for stock shocks, if not then you should replace the whole lot.

Pro kit i think. @Justin

Pro Kit

The Eibach Pro-Kit is a set of springs to suit your sport suspension that can be used in conjunction with both production shocks, the Eibach Pro Damper as well as with other types of aftermarket shocks.

You will discover the sporty road-performance of your vehicle when changing directions and when pulling through the curves at high speeds whilst not sacrificing any driving comfort.

Based on Motorsport development and a range of tests in our Suspension. Development Center, Pro-Kits are designed in accordance to the latest insights of driving dynamics.

The Pro-Kit features a balanced relationship between sporty looks, increased safety and
    improved performance whilst offering increased driving pleasure.

Where to Buy <--URL

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

When i asked MRT to wheel align my old gen1 MPS they asked if i have camber adjusters..YES

When i asked TH to wheel align my Gen2 MPS they asked if i have camber adjusters..YES

They responded with very good....

More to lowering a car than just throwing springs in..... If you want it to look lower go for it but it wont help with the handling (better with sway bars and shocks before lowering it)
    I think that is more of a Gen2 issue TBH Luke.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Yeah, I have the pro kit with the stock struts... I don't mind it... but when Luke drove my car he thought it was very harsh... I don't notice it really... until I hit a pot hole... but my stretched tires running 45psi don't help with that either

I thought the shock need more dampening to control teh spring better

Ah yeah... 45 psi in stretched tyres will do that. No wonder lol.

I think that is more of a Gen2 issue TBH Luke.
    If thats the case why did mazda give a Mazdaspeed lowering kit that included camber arms for just a 15mm drop? just putting it out there

If thats the case why did mazda give a Mazdaspeed lowering kit that included camber arms for just a 15mm drop? just putting it out there
    Tyre wear for the rear.
    MAZDASPEED 3 Lowering Springs

Gen2 are more prone to tyre wear issues (even stock), so TH and MRT would have recommended this for you.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Tyre wear for the rear.
    MAZDASPEED 3 Lowering Springs

Gen2 are more prone to tyre wear issues (even stock), so TH and MRT would have recommended this for you.
    Hence Y i have them .. But even Gen1 needs camber arms when lowering, as i said if you lower its advisable to get a complete kit...

Yes you can install springs but you wont get the most out of them... Until you add shocks, get even more out of it when adding camber arms...

P.s. Just so happens i have gen1 mazdaspeed camber arms in my gen2 works a treat
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 27-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Hence Y i have them .. But even Gen1 needs camber arms when lowering, as i said if you lower its advisable to get a complete kit...

Yes you can install springs but you wont get the most out of them... Until you add shocks, get even more out of it when adding camber arms...

P.s. Just so happens i have gen1 mazdaspeed camber arms in my gen2 works a treat
    My wear is still pretty much even at the rear, though I rotate every 5k so dont need them.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12