User Tag List

Thread: BOSE Preamp

Default BOSE Preamp

Hey all I want to get one of the preamps installed to see what it does to the bass of the bose sub. I really couldn't be bothered installing an aftermarket amp/sub cause im not really after a great deal of bass. If anyone has one of these lying around or willing to build me one I can pass on some $$.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...ps-stereo.html

Thanks
    Darren
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hey Dazz, sorry didnt reply to your PM bud.

ill make you one if you wish - havent tried the one i built yet. but its essentially exactly the same as the diagram , pretty simple - i'll PM you a price

Cool, are you able to let me know if the one you first built works?

Default BOSE Preamp

Ye sure thing bud

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Ye sure thing bud
    If its all working then I will pick one up off you just want to make sure first
    Wish the v2 was still being made oh well
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default BOSE Preamp

Thread update,
    Installed and working well
    If anyone else is interested shoot me a PM

Default BOSE Preamp

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone

Default BOSE Preamp

Hey @rayd
    Is this where you wire in the preamp?
    Sorry, not very auto-electrically minded.
    Cheers
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346825621.275808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Think you can splice in to the wires on the clip then clip it in, I could be wrong though
    BIG thanks to rayd for making us these.

Default Re: BOSE Preamp

Yeah I want one just have no idea how I install it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default BOSE Preamp

Yep that's exactly it guys, it will be kinda like this (but neater) and then tuck and hide the preamp

Default BOSE Preamp

So the red and white connectors connect to the plug on the left to invert?

Default BOSE Preamp

The red and white spade connector cables i supplied are used to go from the amp output to the sub because you need to invert them

Default BOSE Preamp

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    The red and white spade connector cables i supplied are used to go from the amp output to the sub because you need to invert them
    Lol oh. Of course, just testing you ..

Ok let me display my ignorance here, what does this achieve for the mps subs? I'll be the first to admit the bose sub does sweet fa and most of the bass comes from the two front speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinni View Post
    Ok let me display my ignorance here, what does this achieve for the mps subs? I'll be the first to admit the bose sub does sweet fa and most of the bass comes from the two front speakers.

The sub actually does contribute to the bass quite a bit, it is designed to give the impression of front speaker bass, disconnect the sub and have a listen you will notice a significant drop in bass. however alot of the bass is coming from the fronts.

what this kit does it amplify the sub slightly more , making it more noticeable and lower bass levels. this allows the user to drop the bass coming from the front speakers without loosing overall bass. what this means is that at high-max volume levels there wont be anymore speaker distortion due to the large amounts of bass coming from the front speakers.

this works on the 3mps? inder the passenger front seat.......
    how much