User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Levelling HID

Default Auto Levelling HID

Hi guys. I have a GenII 3MPS Lux with Bi-Xenon headlights as standard

I've noticed that after lowering my car that the headlight beam has also lowered and I can't see as far as I used to

Is there an easy way to manually level the headlight back to a suitable height?

Peter "SLIXX"

Haha..had the same problem in my gen 1. Currently sittng at tunehouse waiting to get them realigned. Wouldn't know how to do them myself though.

Ive noticed mine have given up on life and wont auto level!

there is a sensor at the back or the car that needs adjusting

The sensor is attached to the rear right lower control arm.
    Switch your car lights on and pull/push the bracket until the lights move.
    You may need to adjust it a few times to get it right.
    From memory, the lights only adjust when you first turn them on.

Is there a way to manually adjust them? Or will that damage the auto levelling? I think I've tried but didn't accomplish much.

I used the white screw adjusters on the back of the headlights. Has lifted them up nicely. Incidentally - they are aimed way low from the factory so even if you aren't lowered, u can achieve some extra distance by raising them a bit.

Just make sure you measure your cut off to be level with the center point of the headlight at 25 feet from a wall or you will blind someone to death.

Plenty of diagrams on th net.

If you read the thread in the link I posted, there are also details in there on how to adjust the fog lights as well.

Default Re: Auto Levelling HID

I might have to look into this . I was driving in a pitch dark highway one night and even with the high beams on I could see sweetFA

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2
    Last edited by JapCrap; 22-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    I used the white screw adjusters on the back of the headlights. Has lifted them up nicely. Incidentally - they are aimed way low from the factory so even if you aren't lowered, u can achieve some extra distance by raising them a bit.

Just make sure you measure your cut off to be level with the center point of the headlight at 25 feet from a wall or you will blind someone to death.

Plenty of diagrams on th net.
    Gen 1 or Gen II, and with afs?
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

@Brackaus Gen 1

Hmm, I'm trying to check this out on The GEN II.. Can't find anything yet? and apparently we have "auto-leveling"... anyone know how to reset this? cause i swear i mine is emo and looks down lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Hmm, I'm trying to check this out on The GEN II.. Can't find anything yet? and apparently we have "auto-leveling"... anyone know how to reset this? cause i swear i mine is emo and looks down lots.
    Same +1

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

uhhh did you read the title of the thread? .
    Same as Gen 1.
    Try the first six posts.
    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 23-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    uhhh did you read the title of the thread? .
    Same as Gen 1.
    Try the first six posts.
    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Meanie pants.. But still all the links and info (apart from 2XS) is about either gen I or Gen II without the Autolevel. 2XS ones sounds the closest to what ours might have, but there is no pics or info anywhere online.. all the info I see is for the other versions. The best I found was either, park the car on a flat surface, turn off car, turn on lights then turn car to on mode (not started) and the lights should reset themselves.. yeah that didn't happen >.< so i look at the back of the light and see a mechincal white device.. from my readings.. that is and isn't the part we need to "adjust"..
    @2XS Do you have a pic of this thing we need to wiggle? @Jrbris is that for the Gen II lux?
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Meanie pants.. But still all the links and info (apart from 2XS) is about either gen I or Gen II without the Autolevel. 2XS ones sounds the closest to what ours might have, but there is no pics or info anywhere online.. all the info I see is for the other versions. The best I found was either, park the car on a flat surface, turn off car, turn on lights then turn car to on mode (not started) and the lights should reset themselves.. yeah that didn't happen &gt;.&lt; so i look at the back of the light and see a mechincal white device.. from my readings.. that is and isn't the part we need to "adjust"..
    @2XS Do you have a pic of this thing we need to wiggle? @Jrbris is that for the Gen II lux?
    +1 +1
    Hence my title post

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Meanie pants.. But still all the links and info (apart from 2XS) is about either gen I or Gen II without the Autolevel. 2XS ones sounds the closest to what ours might have, but there is no pics or info anywhere online.. all the info I see is for the other versions. The best I found was either, park the car on a flat surface, turn off car, turn on lights then turn car to on mode (not started) and the lights should reset themselves.. yeah that didn't happen &gt;.&lt; so i look at the back of the light and see a mechincal white device.. from my readings.. that is and isn't the part we need to "adjust"..
    Gen 1 sports are auto level too. This is what I mean, same deal.

When you turn your lights on do they adjust up and down?
    If no the levelling is buggered.
    If yes then they need to be adjusted.

See link in post 7. Has same white mechanics you mention.
    Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk
    Last edited by Jmac; 24-08-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Meanie pants.. But still all the links and info (apart from 2XS) is about either gen I or Gen II without the Autolevel. 2XS ones sounds the closest to what ours might have, but there is no pics or info anywhere online.. all the info I see is for the other versions. The best I found was either, park the car on a flat surface, turn off car, turn on lights then turn car to on mode (not started) and the lights should reset themselves.. yeah that didn't happen >.< so i look at the back of the light and see a mechincal white device.. from my readings.. that is and isn't the part we need to "adjust"..

im in a gen 1 also.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Hmm, i don't recall mine ever adjusting up and down, they do left & right when i start the engine with the lights on... .. I've read that post, it's more about the 2009 3 GT.... which hasn't got the "Auto-level".. they have a button inside the car to adjust the lights....
    I'l take a pic when i get some light to see if i'm on the right track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast