User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel: Mps3

Default Daniel: Mps3

Hey all,

My name is Daniel, I'm 19, live in WA, and I have recently put myself down for a new 2012 (2013 "Facelift" Spec) MPS 3.
    It arrives in November... so a bit of a wait.

The basic changes are better Ipod Connectivity, black spoiler/mirrors/scoop surround and darker graphite wheels.
    Besides that Mazda had a hard time describing the differnces

My previous cars have been:
    1994 DC2 Integra VTiR
    -Full Type R swap
    -8500RPM with 4.75 final drive.
    -Scares old ladies with VTEC
    -etc..

2004 WRX Club Spec Evo 7 (current until sold)
    -Plenty of bolt-ons
    -280WHP
    -Clean easy to drive daily that spanks V8's
    -etc...

So went for a drive in a 2012 spec MPS a few weeks ago and it instantly reminded me of my Integra (FWD FTW) with its sleeper appeal, torque steer and balistic power and speed.

In the short-term it will be kept stock beside a few bolt-ons:
    -Resonator Delete
    -K&N Panel Filter
    -H&R Springs
    -Rear Sway Bar
    -Tint (TKO Tinting)

In the long-term other mods should include:
    -Retune (COBB Accessport: Remove the Torque Limiter(s)!)
    -Rear Engine Mount
    -DBA Rotors & Bendix Pads

The main purpose for the car is a smooth, fast, unsuspecting daily.
    The secondary purpose is to be a smashing motorkhana/short track weapon.

Daniel.

***PICTURES COMING SOON: when I get the car...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20111015_002.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	12288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20111015_008.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	12289  
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 16-10-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Always been a fan on Hondas. My brother sold his Integra Tyre-R for a Mitsu EVO 8, but was sad to see it go.

I'd be interested to see pics of the 2013 facelift for the MPS .. darker graphite wheels sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forum. Always been a fan on Hondas. My brother sold his Integra Tyre-R for a Mitsu EVO 8, but was sad to see it go.

I'd be interested to see pics of the 2013 facelift for the MPS .. darker graphite wheels sounds nice
    If you google image "Mazda MPS 3 BBR" you get the idea.
    They described it as RX8 Graphite coloured.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    If you google image "Mazda MPS 3 BBR" you get the idea.
    They described it as RX8 Graphite coloured.
    Now that is going to upset some folks ... who have gone to a lot of trouble trying to paint the MPS wheels the same color as the RX-8 graphite wheels !
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Now that is going to upset some folks ... who have gone to a lot of trouble trying to paint the MPS wheels the same color as the RX-8 graphite wheels !
    Yeah, the visual changes sold me.

I was considering the Gen 2: Series 2.
    But he showed me that Picture and it was basically the way I wanted it. Only I got mine in silver. The only Silver MPS 3 Series 3 ordered in AUSTRALIA. And luckily I ordered it when I did, today was the last day for shipment orders for November-December. Or else I have to wait until Jan-Feb :P
    He showed me the order form on their site... lots of red and blacks cars.

Series 3? Already? Hmmm, pretty dubious, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Series 3? Already? Hmmm, pretty dubious, but ok.
    I did question if it was a facelift Series 2 OR a Series 3.
    They were pretty certain it was a Series 3.

Cool, looking forward to pics. If you ever sell your OEM wheels, they'll go quick

welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Cool, looking forward to pics. If you ever sell your OEM wheels, they'll go quick
    I kinda figured.

If I find the need to go aftermarket the stock wheels will be going no where. Otherwise I may never get another set if I go back to the orignal/stock style.

Default [[WA]] Daniel: Mps3

Yeah, the visual changes sold me.

I was considering the Gen 2: Series 2.
    But he showed me that Picture and it was basically the way I wanted it. Only I got mine in silver. The only Silver MPS 3 Series 3 ordered in AUSTRALIA. And luckily I ordered it when I did, today was the last day for shipment orders for November-December. Or else I have to wait until Jan-Feb :P
    He showed me the order form on their site... lots of red and blacks cars.
    Gawd! I had to wait 3 months for my gen 2. Geez that was long.

I ended up calling Mazda customer service every month to see how it was coming along. The dealer kept giving me the wrong dates. Once you get the tracking number from Mazda Australia it's easier to call them back to track the car.

Good luck with the wait. It will be worth it
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Gawd! I had to wait 3 months for my gen 2. Geez that was long.

I ended up calling Mazda customer service every month to see how it was coming along. The dealer kept giving me the wrong dates. Once you get the tracking number from Mazda Australia it's easier to call them back to track the car.

Good luck with the wait. It will be worth it

Yeah, well this Mazda dealer is great. Has sold my parents 3-4 cars previously and calls the minute the car shipment are delivered to Perth.

I had a test drive, and now I am hooked on the mountain of torque :P
    Going from my WRX (280WHP) to the MPS (200-215WHP?? But buckets of torque) it felt alot more alive... even when it took me across 1.5 lanes of traffic in 3rd.

Yeah, well this Mazda dealer is great. Has sold my parents 3-4 cars previously and calls the minute the car shipment are delivered to Perth.

I had a test drive, and now I am hooked on the mountain of torque :P
    Going from my WRX (280WHP) to the MPS (200-215WHP?? But buckets of torque) it felt alot more alive... even when it took me across 1.5 lanes of traffic in 3rd.
    Definitely puts a smile on your dial Wait till you take it up a hill in 5th..and it keeps on going and going and going !

Definitely puts a smile on your dial Wait till you take it up a hill in 5th..and it keeps on going and going and going !
    Kalamunda Hill... Its a bitch, super steep at points with nice flowing bends.
    Can't wait

15. Default

Welcome to OzMPS. Be sure to sort your engine with either a REM or Ingalls stiffy mount. It will make a world of difference over the stock mount and will get some of that power back on the road where it belongs ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by EX-XR6T View Post
    Welcome to OzMPS. Be sure to sort your engine with either a REM or Ingalls stiffy mount. It will make a world of difference over the stock mount and will get some of that power back on the road where it belongs ;-)
    +1 to what @EX-XR6T said. There are a few quick mods besides the ones you've listed that are a must-do for the MPS.

+1 to what @EX-XR6T said. There are a few quick mods besides the ones you've listed that are a must-do for the MPS.
    All my mods are just going to be making the already good mazda package even better. Not anything ground breaking.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 26-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Default Re: Daniel: Mps3

Hehe at mentioning Honda and torque steer in same sentence

Rear engine mount and rsb are 2 definite must-do's IMO... curious to see what the new ones look like... does seem a bit soon, as the gen 2.5's haven't been out long... then again, gen 1.5 was only a year...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome and congrats

Default Re: Daniel: Mps3

Hi and Welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast