User Tag List

Thread: Stage 2 AP Gen 2 - Datalog Review?

Default Stage 2 AP Gen 2 - Datalog Review?

Hi all,

So as few may know i'm now running the stage 2 98 map with the AP. Only issue was that few nights ago on WOT 5th gear i got abit of hesitation. Hasn't happened since. Car is running good (as far as i know) but if one of you guys can review my logs that would be very much helpful!

I did 4 logs altogther but 3 were relevant. 2 logs were 3rd gear WOT runs and the last one is 4th gear WOT run.

I started to look at some graphs and stuff especially for boost, seem like the boost is higher than what the map was intended for at 17.5psi....

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

So, does it go ok?

Your boost levels are definitely over and above the 17.5 according to the Stage2+98 map. Fuel pressure and trims look good and a little knock in 3rd gear 2nd pull log.

I'd be checking with Braden on the cobb forums to be sure and ask why it's over-boosting.
    Last edited by naasif; 19-08-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Yea that's what i thought too. I did a graph to see what it's like and it seems like on average when it comes on boost it's shot past the 17.5psi, only starts to drop off after say like 5000rpm.. I've put the logs onto Cobb forum as well to gather thoughts and ideas. I guess best way is to run a custom map from say HPFP. As with the knocking, i've realised it knocked on one of the logs but the 2 other logs it seems to be quite reasonable. So i'm guessing it's not that bad. All i'm concerned now is the over boosting. But i wonder if by installing my boost controller whether that would help it regulate that tho?

Brad: It goes alot harder when it comes on boost, also power seems to carry through to 6000rpm and u can really feel it pull. 1st and 2nd gear is constantly skipping... so...

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Your boost levels are definitely over and above the 17.5 according to the Stage2+98 map. Fuel pressure and trims look good and a little knock in 3rd gear 2nd pull log.

I'd be checking with Braden on the cobb forums to be sure and ask why it's over-boosting.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

Default Re: Stage 2 AP Gen 2 - Datalog Review?

What's the exact map you are running

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk

Default Re: Stage 2 AP Gen 2 - Datalog Review?

Holy useless logged parameters batman....

i hit 20.5 to 21 psi on wot . My car apparently has good air flow, as i was hitting that boost level and the other alpha testers were hiting the target boost.
    AFR looks good, and the BATS are good too.

Exact map is called: "Stage 2 +cpN+ TIH+ IC 98 v231"

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    What's the exact map you are running

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk
    - - - Updated - - -

Haha sorry. I figured i'll log "everything" just to be safe......

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Holy useless logged parameters batman....
    Current:

Thanks for the feedback. AFR seems to be pretty rich and well... normal. But are you also running a stage 2 map? Is gen 1/2 different? I dunno tho, peaking at 21psi seems pretty high to me... :O Like it barely hit the targeted boost of 17.5psi... But i guess if you account +/- 1.5psi then yea ok that sounds about right..

I did realise it had alittle knock, dunno if thats much of an issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    i hit 20.5 to 21 psi on wot . My car apparently has good air flow, as i was hitting that boost level and the other alpha testers were hiting the target boost.
    AFR looks good, and the BATS are good too.
    Current:

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Exact map is called: "Stage 2 +cpN+ TIH+ IC 98 v231"
    That map is suppose to peak at 19psi +- 1.5psi. I'd think this is close to normal given your values.

I thought you're map was just Stage2+98oct, which peaks at 17.5psi, which is why I'd be more questioning it running way over.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Thats why I asked

So i just read the description again.

Copy direct from the pdf file:

Stage2+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a COBB
    Downpipe with one high flow catalytic converter, a cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded
    intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~19psi peak boost pressure
    tapering down to ~17.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi.

I kinda picked this one as it seemed like it fits with all the modifications i've got. But now that you say that if it peaks at 19psi then i guess this is normal to spike up to 21? Am i still able to run a lower boost map then? If that's the case.

Otherwise, does all the logs match up?
    Current:

Ok abit of an update since.

Been running the map on for awhile. Seems ok driving normally and most of the time going hard too.

Tonight encountered the original problem with the boost/fuel cut in 5th gear WOT again. Only for split second. Before it jumped back up to full boost and continued to accelerate.

Anyone on stage 2 OTS map encountered this issue at all?? I haven't really been logging since last time so didn't really capture anything. But car still seems to run normal.

Should i be concerned about this?? I've posted this to ask Braden from Cobb forum as well...

2nd time since i've had the map.. hmm...
    Current: