User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

Default General SA chat thread

Well the ribbon has been cut the site now has state forum sections!

This has been something I've wanted for ages as I felt it would encourage us South Aussie MPS owners to better get to know each other and encourage other local MPS owners to join the site.

So how about we start with a role call and go from there!

For those who don't know I'm Mark, I live down south in the Reynella area and have owned my MPS6 for almost 4 years. I work for autobarn at Noarlunga so if anyone wants anything or just needs some general info you know where to find me
    Last edited by MZSPD6; 19-08-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Hey im AJ and iv had my red MPS6 for about 9 months and loving it!! im from down in Gawler and now that iv got a new job (Austral Meat) and getting regular hours ill be upgrading it a fair bit in the next couple of months cant wait!!

I'm Daniel, I'm down south as well in Trott Park (Hallet Cove area) and work at a Woolworths that means i get to drive past Windy Point every day on my way to work :P only had my MPS 6 a few months now, but love driving it so much! i've lowered it and added a FMIC and upgraded the BPV so far, with plans for a couple more goodies by the end of the year if i can get around to it, maybe we can have a meet up and a cruise/dyno day sometime soon for a bit of fun, just an idea

Hi guys, I'm from the East side. I drive a silver MPS 6. Looking forward to catching up again.
    Mark, I stopped into your work a while ago while you were on leave, next time I'm down south I'll drop in again.
    Do you guys sell Superpro bushes by any chance?

Pringle

Hey Baz how did the intercooler install go? was it difficult to do? are you happy with the result?

Pringle I feel like I'm always at work so it's hard to miss me lol, we are closing down the store in two weeks and moving in to the Harvey Norman home maker centre behind us. The store will be almost twice the size and will be next to Pet Stock. We open in 3 weeks on September 10th
    I will check out if we can get Superpro bushes tomorrow too.

Also to everyone, at the moment Autobarn Noarlunga is giving away a 25% off voucher that can be used in the new store on basically anything at norman price within the first 4 weeks, no limits so take advantage of us moving in to the new store (If you come in say hi too!)
    Last edited by MZSPD6; 19-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Intercooler install was a tad more difficult than i expected, took me a day and a half to do, routing the pipes from the engine bay to the front was the hardest part, there's still something not quite sealed right and makes a little noise at 3,000+ RPM, but i'm sure i know what it is and can have it airtight so it doesn't make that noise soon enough... as for difficulty, i'm not sure, some parts are really easy, some parts are kinda difficult, it's really tight to fit everything on though, but once it's on properly it's all good... as for the results, it sounds alot better, i like driving with the radio off just so i can hear the noise when i let off the throttle, haha, but performance wise, i think i need to get a tune to get any more power out of it, it doesn't feel much faster, if at all, but it definitely has a bit more torque, it still feels restricted, like it wants to have more power, but can't, so a tune and to program out the factory "boost cut" thing might be a good idea pretty soon, i'm definitely gonna look into an exhaust in the next couple of months too, would i need to upgrade my fuel pump too? that seems to be a related topic when talking about upgrading exhausts and intercoolers, any idea how much that's likely to cost?

that 25% off voucher sounds handy, i'll have to come in sometime this week and have a look at something, haha, maybe buy some high beam bulbs that actually light up the road, lol, i dunno how to change bulbs in the headlights though... i looked once and couldn't figure it out... it's probably really obvious and i just need to take a closer look, lol

Hi everyone!

I'm Matt, and I'm from the East side too. I've had my 2009 3 MPS for almost a month, and love it!

Mark, I work at the Desal Plant at Lonsdale, and bought my car from Reynella Mazda (it happened to live it's whole life till now down south), so you may have crossed paths with it before! haha

Hi Matt! Congrats with the purchase of your 3, they are a great looking car and drive amazing for sure!

I actually haven't seen too many 3 2nd gen MPS down south.... Working at the Desal you will have to pop down and to Autobarn sometime

Baz the 25% voucher is a huge discount!!! You have to pick it up in our current store then redeem it in our new SUPER STORE (Harvey Norman Home Maker Centre) in the first 4 weeks we are open, September 10th - October 7th
    It will include customer orders if we don't stock the item too, so great time to maybe buy some Turbosmart, Whiteline, Koni Shocks, ULX110 oil etc..... and no maximum cap on discount!

Good to hear the intercooler fitted in the end, Sean at S&J doesn't think our stock IC is too bad and says it adequate for stock turbo so hence why I haven't changed mine. If a cheap 4inch core top mount comes up for sale somewhere I might consider that now I've dealt with all the other restrictions like DP, TIP etc

Pringle I dont stock Superpro bushes in store but can get them, what are you after?

haha, sounds like i'll have to think of something pretty good to buy then... maybe better rotors? my mechanic reckons my current ones are 2 mm too thin, though he said that about my Prelude too and the ones that came in were the same size, lol...

yeah, i read that the stock intercooler was pretty good too, i guess most stock intercoolers are, i've e-mailed S and J about a tune up to get the most out of the intercooler, just waiting for a reply, then when that's done i'll look into an exhaust upgrade... i've read that when upgrading both the intercooler and exhaust i need to upgrade the fuel pump too, so, i guess that'll have to happen eventually, i should probably change the diff and enhine mounts to stringer ones while i'm at it, haha, so much to do, not enough money to do it all in one go :P

Well Sean at S&J has never said my fuel pump has been an issue so you might be fine unless you upgrade the turbo one day.
    I would recommend getting the dump pipe before tuning it because it will only need to be retuned after the DP and the gains wont blow you away with a tune only.
    I did the tune first then DP and regretted not doing it the other way around and saving the $500 on the retune.

This the DP I got from Ebay USA Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 MPS 6 2.3L Turbo Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipe with Flex | eBay S&J installed it and said the workmanship of the DP was really good but said to reuse the factory gasket as the one supplied is just a cheapie. S&J also fitted a 100 Cell high flow cat to it too before installing. I already had Peter at MorphettVale exhaust do cat back with a spilt Y before the real rear diff and straight through boxes.

REM also made a big difference too holding the motor in place during hard driving

Adam aka Fullysix has had the EcuTek tune through S&J with out the exhaust done I think so I would be worth getting his advise too.

Next Cruise thread has been started! http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/cruis...xt-cruise.html

fair enough, i was considering getting the exhaust done before tuning it all to save doing it twice, maybe i'll look into it soon and see how we go, especially if it's gonna cost $500 for a tune, lol, just gotta find time to go to one of those places and suss them out, lol

I'm after the camber bushes. I've got some low king springs I want to fit, want to make sure the camber is okay after alignment.
    Pity I cant get down to the store in time to pick up one of those vouchers!

i think my street hates me from all the testing i've been doing of my new intercooler... it's been having leak issues since i put it in, it was only today i noticed that the hose clamp to the throttle body coupler had slipped right off due to the Corksport pipes very poor design (bell/dome shaped, not easy to clamp to) it took me a few goes to get it just right and i think it's nearly there, definitely improved though, i actually noticed more power from the car as a result, who would have thought something small like that could hold back so much power? i thought the MAF pipe wasn't connected properly to the air box, but i fixed that and the TB, lol, but yeah, that means i've been doing lots of runs up and down the street listening for any leaks... probably annoying the crap out of everyone, but it's no different to the 2 or 3 motorbikes that go up and down the street every day, lol... some lady decided to run in front of my car and yell something (couldn't hear her) cause i guess she thought i was just being a dick, which i guess i can understand, lol, it is admittedly pretty loud with the new intake and BPV, even in recirc mode, i can only imagine how loud it is outside the car, but it sounds so good! the only thing i'm hoping is that since fixing the clamp, it solves the cold start issues it's been having the last couple of days, i guess i'll find out when i drive next, lol, of my friends who've heard the new intake seem to love the sound the car makes now cause it reminds them of car racing gamest hey love to play, haha, even my girlfriend loves the sound and she doesn't care about cars as long as she gets a Beetle one day

Lol, wait until you install the DP and CB!
    Then you will know who your nice neighbors are and who are not ;-)

I've been doing some reading and looks like I'm not a long way off from having 300kws safely on stock internals if I want.... Tempting!

haha, i know, my asshole neighbour next door is gonna love me at 5:30 every morning when i go to work once i get all that done i wouldn't be surprised if within two weeks he gets the police to do a decibel check on my car, haha

300 kws would be fairly epic, what do you need to do to get that power other than your exhaust and CAI? you'd be giving evo's a good run for their money for sure with that much power, haha

From what I read a BNR stage 3 turbo, FMIC, fuel pump, retune :-) I would want to upgrade clutch, brakes, rest of mounts and suspension though...

yeah, upgrading brakes and other important bits could be a good idea first... no sense having all the power if you can't use it i want to get better brakes on mine too, do i only need to upgrade the rotors or the calipers too if you change the rotors? my rotors are apparently 2 mm too thin at the moment, so if Autobarn has something that'll be a massive improvement over stock that'll suit, i'd be interested in checking them out, could be worth using the 25% voucher on when you guys move store i need to get one of those still... maybe i'll pop in later today or tomorrow, lol

thanks for all the help today Mark, i'll definitely be using those 25% vouchers later, i took two of the vouchers cause i'm sure i'm bound to forget something i want when i go in to use them at the new store

as for the HID's, they took a bit to nut out the electronics, my little brother helped there, he's all into electronics and making stuff work, that plug we thought was the ground port actually made the bulbs turn on when i used low beam, there is, however, a black wire connected to the front housing of the headlight, pulling that off with nose hair pliers gave us a grounding wire that meant everything works perfect you were right about the room in the housing to hide everything too, there's barely enough room, but you can actually fit the ballast and the wiring all into the headlight for super stealthness

i was gonna try out the headlight restoration kit too, but it started hailing and lightning and whatnot, so i'll wait for a sunny day me thinks

as for that thing i said about avocado:
    How To Restore Your Headlights - YouTube

as much as they look like they're just messing around, alot of their videos are quite useful if there's anything you wanna DIY yourself, they're entertaining and educational so n00bs like me can have a go

Does anyone else have people flashing their high beams at them all the time?
    I would assume it's because they think my high beams are on, but the factory headlights are just bright. They aren't aimed poorly either. Driving Dad's Forestor with factory Xenons doesn't result in being flashed all the time!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast