User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

haha, yeah, i got an e-mail back this morning, $2250 for the DP install with cat and tune and should be able to do it in a day if he had the car from about 7:30 am, lol, just need to finalise a date cause the dates he gave me were gonna be while i was still away (and possibly not have the pipe either) but it should be awesome

Default General SA chat thread

I'll be interested to see if he thinks you need the HPFP as you have the intercooler, hopefully you crack the 200 atw :-)

that's what i'm wondering too, i asked him around a month or so ago when i was first looking at getting all this done and one of the first things i asked was if i'd need to upgrade the fuel pump with the mods i have and what i have planned, he said he's never had to upgrade the fuel pump with people doing mods like mine, so hopefully i can save that bit of expense... 200 atw would be pretty epic, i'd be very happy with that as well as the torque boost i should get just from the tune! i can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    new exhaust is on it sounds awesome and will apparently only get better i only had to wait a little bit longer because wherever he ordered mufflers from forgot about his order so someone drove them right down from Edwardstown and it was done pretty soon after :P i'm told the sound will only get better, but it sounds so good, nice and quite at speed, but acceleration is nice and growly, i like! $550 later and i'm happy
    Video or it never happened!! lol Hearing your exhaust will be the decider for me Baz, I've got a couple of straight pipes that pop out behind the wheels for track use but getting through town with them on is a stressful hour. I'd be keen to see what type of mufflers they've fitted and the sound you get. I think thats really all mines missing is a little noise.

i've got a video up, i'm uploading a better one now with a bit more than just a little rev, so i'll share that one here when it's done and hopefully that'll make up your mind, but bear in mind the exhaust is alot louder in person than it is on the video (i used a digital camera, i don't make videos often so don't need a video camera, nor are my editing skills overly fantastic either) and it doesn't pick up my turbo noises, but you can hopefully get a good idea of how it'll sound the mufflers on look like regular mufflers, oval shaped, not cannons, but they're straight through so there's no silencers or anything on them to get in the way of the exhaust gas

edit: here's the video, i have no idea why it doesn't fill up the full video playing area, the original file does on my computer... but it'll have to do i guess :/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eadl7...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Baz; 07-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.

I assume the video doesn't do your exhaust justice at all! That sounds pretty quiet..

no, it really doesn't, it's much louder and has a few turbo noises it hasn't picked up, lol, it has to be heard in person to really appreciate it

edit: car's booked in for the down pipe and tune on the 22nd the day after i get back, hopefully my pipe's arrived by then
    Last edited by Baz; 08-10-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Woo for wankiness!

Lol I like it :-) I need to get my sticker some time soon too!

Yeah, I'm happy with how it turned out. I wanted MMMPS, but couldn't justify the $200 a year as opposed to the once off payment for the ones I got.

Get on it! I got some MPS stickers for when I repaint my brake calipers too.

I'll get around to getting MZSPD6 but I'm just not sure I want the attention...

Come see my store from Thursday to Sunday this week!
    It is Autobarn Noarlunga's grand opening sale, we have a huge opening catalogue with heaps of bargains!
    On Saturday Paul Dumbrell the winner of Bathurst will be in store! So will the Nova FM Cassanova's! And the Alpine Imprint Dodge Nitro show car will be on display inside too :-)

Just do it! It's not the plates that attract attention, it's the way you drive. So as long as you're not a moron, it's fine.

Hmmm! Looks like I'll have to come shopping at lunch time!

Got a flat front left tire on the way to work :-( typical on one of the most important days yet at work! Going to try one of the repair cans from work until I can get it to a shop.

Not so tough :-(

Mad offset bro!

Adelaide could definitely learn a thing or three from the Gold Coast about roadworks organisation they're setting up for the V8's here and we took a bus from Surfers Paradise to the theme parks going through a section of the race track where there was work being done and there was hardly any congestion at all... i'd live here if it wasn't so humid, lol, though the driving skills of some people are pretty shocking anr busses force their way into traffic from bus stops... pretty crazy, but i've ween two Maseratis and a Ferarri F540 in the last 3 days i've been here the ferarri sounded pretty awesome too

Thought I did a wheel bearing today... :-(
    Turns out my nuts came loose after I refitted the wheel that went flat, don't use the L shaped lever that comes with the car!
    So happy it didn't cost anything to fix and my wheel didn't fall off and ruin my car!

Phew! That's a close call. Glad to hear nothing bad came out of it!

down pipe came this morning install and tune booked for thursday, gonna be awesome!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast