User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

awesome, thanks so much i hope it didn't send you too out of your way with your plans for your day off i can't wait now

Hey Baz, I have to ask. What are they charging for a Cat back system and what are they putting in? Curious as I want to go the same way and it's nice to hear one done before deciding on who does in.

i'm heading to Morphett Vale Exhausts on O'Sullivans Beach Road, as recommended by Mark, who got his done there too, getting the same thing he got, Mark should be able to clarify, but my understanding is it'll be a custom Y split pipe just before the rear diff for better flow hooked up to two 2.5" straight through mufflers, i've been quoted $450 for the job, which is a fair bit less than i expected, i've heard Marks exhaust and sat in his car and it sounded amazing! (keep in mind he has a DP too, whether that makes a difference or not) the rumble on start up is so good it makes your voice go all funny like when you talk into a fan, haha, i'll let you know how much i like it tomorrow afternoon when i have the car back from the shop, but i've heard good things about Peter from at least two people, so i'm sure i'll be pretty happy with the result

Default General SA chat thread

I thought it sounded better longer I had it at the start as it needs a bit of soot to help deaden the pipes and boxes.
    First thought was WOW! That sounds loud lol but that was going from no sound at all lol

new exhaust is on it sounds awesome and will apparently only get better i only had to wait a little bit longer because wherever he ordered mufflers from forgot about his order so someone drove them right down from Edwardstown and it was done pretty soon after :P i'm told the sound will only get better, but it sounds so good, nice and quite at speed, but acceleration is nice and growly, i like! $550 later and i'm happy

Glad you are happy mate!
    Now just need to order the DP and pop it in to S&J to be fitted and tuned and cash in all the extra power!

haha, i know, my girlfirend's noticed a bit of extra power since the exhaust went in, though that could be because i don't drive it too hard with her in it that often, lol, but yeah, i might order that downpipe before i go on holiday so it's here when i get back and get it fitted and tuned not long after i get back hopefully, i'll have to e-mail S&J to see how much i'm looking at spending to get it fitted, lol

You are much better to drop in and see Sean in person, could help with the price. say you are a part of the club and you want what I had plus to have the 100cell cat welded in too.

i have a quote from him for $1,450 for an Ecutek tune for OzMPS club members, i thought you bought your down pipe from ebay? i've e-mailed him a couple of hours ago about getting a down pipe installed if i supply it plus the 100 cel cat to fit and all that (i have a quote for them to supply and install everything for $1,700 + $1,450 for the tune) if i haven't heard from him monday morning, i'm gonna be driving around all over the place anyway, so i might head down there and pay him a visit and see how it goes

Yeah I got mine from eBay USA, do that for sure! I meant get a quote for just fitting own gear. It's a lot of money but you have many years of enjoyment out of it :-)

haha, awesome, i'll try and get onto a down pipe and have it ordered before i go on holiday so it'll be in my bedroom when i get home and then i'll sort out getting it all fitted and whatnot when i get back from holidays, it should be awesome and once i've done this, there's not a heck of alot more i'd want to do to the car aside from some strut braces and stronger diff and engine mounts, so i can go back to saving my money and putting it towards other somewhat important things, like my own house and stuff

what's the difference between a 100 cell and a 200 cell cat? i'm considering getting the Corksport down pipe that already has a 200 cell cat attached to it, i can get it shipped here for under $450 and has the bonus of reliability and warranty over an ebay bought one

Sometimes i wish i still had my mps3 as a weekend toy.... was good to see the looks on the wrx guys faces when i used the launch control and no lift shift when taking them for a spin in the car.

I didn't get my cat off eBay, S&J supplied and fitted for me :-)

BlueMPS3 I love my car for that very reason, under the radar!

i know you had your cat supplied by S&J, i was more meaning that the down pipe i was considering would be more reliable and more likely to fit or something... don't worry about the cat question, i mis read it, if i want the cat attached, it's another $200 or so and that includes a race pipe, which, as far as i know, would make it illegal?

A race pipe is just a straight through pipe so you can swap it over for the track. The DP I got Sean said was built perfectly but the gasket supplied for the turbo was cheap so he reused the factory one. I saw on eBay USA the DP for the Mazdaspeed6 was $139 us plus freight.

do you have a link to the one you got? i think you linked it before but i can't remember where... if he says it's the goods, i'd hope their quality is consistent then, i guess in the end it is just a piece of pipe really, no point overspending on it, lol

Can't find anything using my phone but it was California address. The Mazdaspeed community in the states uses these a lot.
    For 1/3 to 1/4 of the price it was a no brainier for me :-)

i found this one on ebay, they all look the same to me, the only difference seems to be the shipping price...
    06 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Turbo 3" Down Pipe Downpipe | eBay

then i found the one you linked me too ages ago here
    Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 MPS 6 2.3L Turbo Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipe with Flex | eBay

they don't look any different to me... possibly same supplier, different seller? i'll get onto one of them in the next day or so and then head down to S&J on monday for a quote and to say hi and check out the place and gawk at some Evo's and WRX's for a bit :P

edit: just ordered the down pipe should hopefully be here by the time i get back from holidays, i went with the more expensive pipe, but with cheaper postage, which overall made it cheaper than the cheaper pipe (try making sense of that one ) of the two i mentioned, they had more sales than the other by quite a huge margin (9000+ to just over 500) and had pretty much the exact same % of good feedback (~99.3%) should be awesome
    Last edited by Baz; 07-10-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Totally understand! Woo hoo another 6 with a DP :-D

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast